Syracuse.com lacrosse writer Jon Mettus calls in to chat Syracuse lacrosse’s recent success with Wes Cheng on The Juice on the Cuse Podcast hosted by SNY.tv. The Juice Online Editor in Chief Brad Bierman also calls in after to talk about Tyler Lydon’s departure.
Here are the highlights from the show:
Wes Cheng: No. 1 Syracuse with a 15-8 win over Cornell on Tuesday night, their seventh win in a row. 10 unanswered goals for Syracuse in the win. It seems like the Orange is in midseason form right now.
Jon Mettus: Syracuse really needed a game like that. They’ve had all the one goal games. A week ago they pulled away from Hobart late. That was a two-goal game in the third quarter. This was the first dominate win they’ve had since their season opener against Siena. The close games have brought this Syracuse team together. They’ve gotten through the brunt of their schedule.
WC: Looking around college lacrosse right now, there is a lot of parity, but Syracuse is atop the rankings. Do you consider them to the team to beat right now?
JM: I consider Syracuse the team to beat for a couple of reasons. Obviously, they’re the No. 1 ranking, and the No. 1 team has lost the last six weeks, so they’ve got the target on their back for that one. Because of all of the one goal games, I think people are looking at SU saying ‘they’re vulnerable’ saying ‘they shouldn’t be ranked No. 1’ because they’ve been so close to losing a bunch of games. But at the end of the day, you look at other teams like Hofstra is undefeated, but they haven’t played as many tough opponents. At this point, SU is the team to beat.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
1. Syracuse.com’s Jon Mettus calls in
2. Syracuse is No. 1 and rolling
3. Ben Williams struggles
4. SU the team to beat?
5. The Juice Online Editor in Chief Brad Bierman calls in
6. Lydon leaving SU
7. Filling out the roster
8. New assistant coach
9. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 74, Oakland 50 - November 20, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Texas Southern 67 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 10, Louisville 56 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Iona 62 - November 14, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 43, Wake Forest 64 - November 11, 2017
- Cornell Big Red — 2017-18 Syracuse scouting report with Ivy Hoops Online - November 10, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern Connecticut State - November 6, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 24, Florida State 27 - November 4, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern New Hampshire - October 30, 2017
- Waters: 2017-18 Syracuse basketball has path to NCAA Tournament bid - October 18, 2017