Syracuse.com lacrosse writer Jon Mettus calls in to chat Syracuse lacrosse’s recent success with Wes Cheng on The Juice on the Cuse Podcast hosted by SNY.tv. The Juice Online Editor in Chief Brad Bierman also calls in after to talk about Tyler Lydon’s departure.
Here are the highlights from the show:
Wes Cheng: No. 1 Syracuse with a 15-8 win over Cornell on Tuesday night, their seventh win in a row. 10 unanswered goals for Syracuse in the win. It seems like the Orange is in midseason form right now.
Jon Mettus: Syracuse really needed a game like that. They’ve had all the one goal games. A week ago they pulled away from Hobart late. That was a two-goal game in the third quarter. This was the first dominate win they’ve had since their season opener against Siena. The close games have brought this Syracuse team together. They’ve gotten through the brunt of their schedule.
WC: Looking around college lacrosse right now, there is a lot of parity, but Syracuse is atop the rankings. Do you consider them to the team to beat right now?
JM: I consider Syracuse the team to beat for a couple of reasons. Obviously, they’re the No. 1 ranking, and the No. 1 team has lost the last six weeks, so they’ve got the target on their back for that one. Because of all of the one goal games, I think people are looking at SU saying ‘they’re vulnerable’ saying ‘they shouldn’t be ranked No. 1’ because they’ve been so close to losing a bunch of games. But at the end of the day, you look at other teams like Hofstra is undefeated, but they haven’t played as many tough opponents. At this point, SU is the team to beat.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
1. Syracuse.com’s Jon Mettus calls in
2. Syracuse is No. 1 and rolling
3. Ben Williams struggles
4. SU the team to beat?
5. The Juice Online Editor in Chief Brad Bierman calls in
6. Lydon leaving SU
7. Filling out the roster
8. New assistant coach
9. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- McAnaney: Syracuse lacrosse a tough out because it is ‘battle tested’ - April 28, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse finds familiar result in one-goal win against Binghamton - April 22, 2017
- Syracuse stumbles out of the gate, but rallies to defeat North Carolina - April 16, 2017
- Mettus: Syracuse lacrosse ‘the team to beat’ right now - April 14, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse flexes its muscles, pushing past Cornell - April 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse enjoys rare rout, easily dispatching Hobart - April 6, 2017
- 2016-17 Syracuse basketball report card - April 3, 2017
- An early look at the 2017-18 Syracuse basketball team - March 31, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Andrew Kouwe on Hopkins leaving, Boeheim staying, next coach - March 24, 2017
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017