Syracuse.com lacrosse writer Jon Mettus calls in to chat Syracuse lacrosse’s recent success with Wes Cheng on The Juice on the Cuse Podcast hosted by SNY.tv. The Juice Online Editor in Chief Brad Bierman also calls in after to talk about Tyler Lydon’s departure.
Here are the highlights from the show:
Wes Cheng: No. 1 Syracuse with a 15-8 win over Cornell on Tuesday night, their seventh win in a row. 10 unanswered goals for Syracuse in the win. It seems like the Orange is in midseason form right now.
Jon Mettus: Syracuse really needed a game like that. They’ve had all the one goal games. A week ago they pulled away from Hobart late. That was a two-goal game in the third quarter. This was the first dominate win they’ve had since their season opener against Siena. The close games have brought this Syracuse team together. They’ve gotten through the brunt of their schedule.
WC: Looking around college lacrosse right now, there is a lot of parity, but Syracuse is atop the rankings. Do you consider them to the team to beat right now?
JM: I consider Syracuse the team to beat for a couple of reasons. Obviously, they’re the No. 1 ranking, and the No. 1 team has lost the last six weeks, so they’ve got the target on their back for that one. Because of all of the one goal games, I think people are looking at SU saying ‘they’re vulnerable’ saying ‘they shouldn’t be ranked No. 1’ because they’ve been so close to losing a bunch of games. But at the end of the day, you look at other teams like Hofstra is undefeated, but they haven’t played as many tough opponents. At this point, SU is the team to beat.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
1. Syracuse.com’s Jon Mettus calls in
2. Syracuse is No. 1 and rolling
3. Ben Williams struggles
4. SU the team to beat?
5. The Juice Online Editor in Chief Brad Bierman calls in
6. Lydon leaving SU
7. Filling out the roster
8. New assistant coach
9. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Adelson: Syracuse football ‘will be better’ but bowl game may prove elusive - August 18, 2017
- Ervin Philips — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - August 16, 2017
- Louisville Cardinals — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - August 14, 2017
- Steve Ishmael — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - August 8, 2017
- Wake Forest Demon Deacons — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - August 7, 2017
- Moe Neal — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - August 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Boeheim’s Army 77, Overseas Elite 81 - August 2, 2017
- Miami Hurricanes — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - July 31, 2017
- Boeheim’s Army GM: Team FOE was ‘rattled’ by pro-Syracuse crowd - July 28, 2017
- Clemson Tigers — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - July 25, 2017