The fact that this hasn’t been a banner year for Syracuse football isn’t the type of news apt to set the Twitterverse ablaze.
Year One of Dino Ball resulted in a 4-8 record while seeing Eric Dungey resume the role of spectator that he occupied at the close of last year. But a lot has happened since both squads closed the books on this year’s campaign.
Though National Letter of Intent Day is in the rearview mirror, that hasn’t stopped Dino Babers from adding to the 2017 class. The Orange recently signed DT Shaquille Grosvenor from the Junior College ranks. Grosvenor will provide some much needed depth along the defensive line.
The 2017 class wasn’t Babers’ only focus though. Syracuse received a verbal from 2018 commit Trill Williams out of White Plains, NY. Williams, who had previously been committed to Rutgers, joins Gabe Horan, a tight end from Baldwinsville. Scout ranks both players as 3-stars.
Recruiting additions weren’t the only newcomers to the football team. Mike Hart (Indiana) and Tom Kaufman (Chattanooga) were replaced by Steve Stanard from Wyoming and Justin Lustig from Edinboro. In a bit of a coup, Syracuse also lured away Dave Boller from Louisville. Boller will serve as director of player personnel in an effort to strengthen recruiting efforts.
Never a dull moment in Syracuse football.
- Syracuse football’s recruiting low rankings are deceptive upon closer look - August 3, 2017
- Summer updates on Syracuse basketball, football recruiting - July 13, 2017
- 2018 Syracuse football recruiting off to a fast start - June 19, 2017
- A look at Syracuse basketball’s 2018 targets - May 4, 2017
- Who is Syracuse basketball still recruiting in the class of 2017? - May 3, 2017
- It’s been a busy offseason for Syracuse football - April 7, 2017
- Syracuse basketball already in a busy offseason - April 5, 2017
- How did Syracuse basketball wind up squarely on the NCAA bubble? - March 3, 2017
- Breaking down Syracuse football’s 2017 NLI Signing Day - February 3, 2017
- What went wrong in Syracuse’s loss to Boston College? - January 3, 2017