Syracuse.com’s Chris Carlson calls in to chat about the 2017 NIT and the future of Syracuse basketball with Wes Cheng on The Juice on the Cuse Podcast hosted by SNY.tv. The Juice Online Editor in Chief Brad Bierman also calls in after to talk about Jim Boeheim’s future.
Here are the highlights from the show:
Wes Cheng: Chris, Syracuse with a 90-77 win over UNC Greensboro on Wednesday in front of a small crowd at the Carrier Dome. But before we get to that, should Syracuse have been playing in the NIT or the NCAA Tournament?
Chris Carlson: When I did the bracketology, I had them as the first team out, which is where they finished out. When you look at the historical data on what gets teams in, Syracuse didn’t play a good non-conference schedule. They played one game outside the state of New York and they didn’t win any of them. So when you look at the road record, you didn’t leave home during your non-conference schedule and you didn’t win any road games, it’s kind of your fault.
WC: Chris, let’s look ahead to next season for a moment. Right now, Syracuse has commitments from Bourama Sidibe and Oshae Brissett. They also recently offered point guard Howard Washington, and are involved with Chris Duarte, Eric Ayala and potentially Georgetown decommit Tremont Waters. What’s the latest here and do you see SU having a chance with any of these guys?
CC: Tremont Waters, the Georgetwn decommit, he’s looking to get released from his National Letter of Intent. My understanding is that he does not have it yet, so Syracuse can’t make contact. Some of ESPN guys say that Syracuse would be interested in him. He is a high four-star kid, the best on the board that Syracuse can get. […] Eric Ayala hasn’t decided whether if he will reclassify. Right now he’s a 2018 kid and he can move forward into the 2017 class if he wants to come to Syracuse. If he stays in the class of 2018, he has his choice of a lot of places.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
1. Syracuse.com’s Chris Carlson calls in
2. NCAA or NIT?
3. The win over UNC Greensboro
4. Does anyone care?
5. Recruiting future
6. The Juice Online Editor in Chief Brad Bierman calls in
7. Did the Orange belong in the NCAA Tournament?
8. What does the future hold for Jim Boeheim?
9. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Adelson: Syracuse football ‘will be better’ but bowl game may prove elusive - August 18, 2017
- Ervin Philips — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - August 16, 2017
- Louisville Cardinals — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - August 14, 2017
- Steve Ishmael — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - August 8, 2017
- Wake Forest Demon Deacons — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - August 7, 2017
- Moe Neal — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - August 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Boeheim’s Army 77, Overseas Elite 81 - August 2, 2017
- Miami Hurricanes — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - July 31, 2017
- Boeheim’s Army GM: Team FOE was ‘rattled’ by pro-Syracuse crowd - July 28, 2017
- Clemson Tigers — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - July 25, 2017