Syracuse.com’s Chris Carlson calls in to chat about the 2017 NIT and the future of Syracuse basketball with Wes Cheng on The Juice on the Cuse Podcast hosted by SNY.tv. The Juice Online Editor in Chief Brad Bierman also calls in after to talk about Jim Boeheim’s future.
Here are the highlights from the show:
Wes Cheng: Chris, Syracuse with a 90-77 win over UNC Greensboro on Wednesday in front of a small crowd at the Carrier Dome. But before we get to that, should Syracuse have been playing in the NIT or the NCAA Tournament?
Chris Carlson: When I did the bracketology, I had them as the first team out, which is where they finished out. When you look at the historical data on what gets teams in, Syracuse didn’t play a good non-conference schedule. They played one game outside the state of New York and they didn’t win any of them. So when you look at the road record, you didn’t leave home during your non-conference schedule and you didn’t win any road games, it’s kind of your fault.
WC: Chris, let’s look ahead to next season for a moment. Right now, Syracuse has commitments from Bourama Sidibe and Oshae Brissett. They also recently offered point guard Howard Washington, and are involved with Chris Duarte, Eric Ayala and potentially Georgetown decommit Tremont Waters. What’s the latest here and do you see SU having a chance with any of these guys?
CC: Tremont Waters, the Georgetwn decommit, he’s looking to get released from his National Letter of Intent. My understanding is that he does not have it yet, so Syracuse can’t make contact. Some of ESPN guys say that Syracuse would be interested in him. He is a high four-star kid, the best on the board that Syracuse can get. […] Eric Ayala hasn’t decided whether if he will reclassify. Right now he’s a 2018 kid and he can move forward into the 2017 class if he wants to come to Syracuse. If he stays in the class of 2018, he has his choice of a lot of places.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
1. Syracuse.com’s Chris Carlson calls in
2. NCAA or NIT?
3. The win over UNC Greensboro
4. Does anyone care?
5. Recruiting future
6. The Juice Online Editor in Chief Brad Bierman calls in
7. Did the Orange belong in the NCAA Tournament?
8. What does the future hold for Jim Boeheim?
9. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 72, Toledo 64 - November 22, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 74, Oakland 50 - November 20, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Texas Southern 67 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 10, Louisville 56 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Iona 62 - November 14, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 43, Wake Forest 64 - November 11, 2017
- Cornell Big Red — 2017-18 Syracuse scouting report with Ivy Hoops Online - November 10, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern Connecticut State - November 6, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 24, Florida State 27 - November 4, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern New Hampshire - October 30, 2017