A quick take on Syracuse’s 90-61 blowout win against Georgia Tech on Senior Day at the Carrier Dome:
WHAT HAPPENED: After Syracuse’s 12-point halftime lead was cut to 38-35 with 18:06 left in the second half, Andrew White led a furious Syracuse run that left it with a 70-46 lead with 7:56 to go. With the game in rout territory with 3:02 left, Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim allowed SU fans to pay homage to senior Dajuan Coleman, who had only appeared in three other ACC games in his final season.
ANALYSIS: Syracuse got revenge for a six-point loss against the Yellow Jackets in February, and in the process, may have put the finishing touches on its NCAA resume. The win gave Syracuse 10 wins in conference play, and with wins against Virginia, FSU and Duke, all top-1o teams when SU defeated them, it appears to be enough. That said, Syracuse would be sweating a lot less on Selection Sunday if they add another win in the ACC Tournament in Brooklyn next week. ESPN Bracketologist Joe Lunardi (for what it’s worth) had SU has one of his last four byes prior to the conclusion. The Orange did it with torrid shooting from all areas of the floor, shooting 54 percent from the field and 15-23 from downtown.
HERO: White became the second player on Syracuse and the third overall ACC player to score 40 or more points this season, pouring in a career-high 40 points to surpass a previous career-high of 35 set when he was with Nebraska. Gillon previously scored 43 points against NC State. Battle added 22 for the Orange.
ZERO: Tadric Jackson was 1-7 from downtown, part of a 5-20 overall effort from GT.
WHAT’S NEXT: Syracuse will play in the ACC Tournament next week, as the No. 8 seed facing off against No. 9 Miami, on Wednesday at noon.
- Scoop Bradshaw — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - June 26, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: NJ wide receiver Taj Harris commits to Syracuse - June 26, 2017
- Breaking down Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon’s selection by the Denver Nuggets - June 23, 2017
- Former Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon selected by Denver Nuggets in NBA Draft - June 22, 2017
- Central Michigan Chippewas — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 22, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse receives commitment from OL Will Froumy - June 21, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: Cole Swider to visit Syracuse, Anthony Queeley commits - June 19, 2017
- Antwan Cordy — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - June 14, 2017
- Middle Tennessee State Blue Raiders — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 12, 2017
- Weekend Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse lands USF transfer Geno Thorpe - June 12, 2017