2003 National Champion Andrew Kouwe calls in to chat about Syracuse basketball’s struggles with Wes Cheng on The Juice on the Cuse Podcast hosted by SNY.tv. The Juice Online Editor in Chief Brad Bierman calls in after to talk about Syracuse’s loss to Boston College.
Here are the highlights from the show:
Wes Cheng: Syracuse was ranked in the preseason top 25 and they’ve got six losses now. What’s going on with this team?
Andrew Kouwe: I wish there was a simple answer. I don’t think anyone has the one answer. It’s many things. When confidence gets low and it’s not going in our favor, it can affect players. It can affect the team. Unfortunately, you’re seeing it play out against Boston College, St. John’s and Georgetown. That Boston College game, that was tough to watch. It’s going to get better from here. Just have to go back to effort and grinding out games.
WC: What does Frank Howard need to do to get going?
AK: With Frank, you see him missing a couple of easy layups, you could see him making a pass before he made it. He was trying to make an easy pass instead of being aggressive and going with the flow. It’s overthinking. It’s tough to get out of that funk. You have to go back and watch clips from high school when things were going great?
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
1. 2003 National Champion Andrew Kouwe calls in
2. What’s going on with this team?
3. Frank Howard
4. Tyler Lydon
6. The Juice Online Editor in Chief Brad Bierman calls in
7. Syracuse blasted by BC
8. Switch defenses?
9. Light at the end of the tunnel?
10. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Syracuse podcast: Andrew Kouwe on Hopkins leaving, Boeheim staying, next coach - March 24, 2017
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017
- Instant Juice: Mike Hopkins to leave Syracuse, take over at Washington - March 19, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Chris Carlson on the NIT, 2017 basketball recruiting, Greensboro - March 17, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, UNC Greensboro 77 - March 15, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse basketball left out of NCAA Tournament - March 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse surges, sputters, then hangs on for win against St. John’s - March 12, 2017
- Jim Boeheim pleads case for Syracuse after ACC Tournament loss - March 9, 2017
- Syracuse coach says there’s ‘no value’ in playing ACC Tournament in Greensboro - March 8, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 57, Miami 62 - March 8, 2017