2003 National Champion Andrew Kouwe calls in to chat about Syracuse basketball’s struggles with Wes Cheng on The Juice on the Cuse Podcast hosted by SNY.tv. The Juice Online Editor in Chief Brad Bierman calls in after to talk about Syracuse’s loss to Boston College.
Here are the highlights from the show:
Wes Cheng: Syracuse was ranked in the preseason top 25 and they’ve got six losses now. What’s going on with this team?
Andrew Kouwe: I wish there was a simple answer. I don’t think anyone has the one answer. It’s many things. When confidence gets low and it’s not going in our favor, it can affect players. It can affect the team. Unfortunately, you’re seeing it play out against Boston College, St. John’s and Georgetown. That Boston College game, that was tough to watch. It’s going to get better from here. Just have to go back to effort and grinding out games.
WC: What does Frank Howard need to do to get going?
AK: With Frank, you see him missing a couple of easy layups, you could see him making a pass before he made it. He was trying to make an easy pass instead of being aggressive and going with the flow. It’s overthinking. It’s tough to get out of that funk. You have to go back and watch clips from high school when things were going great?
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
1. 2003 National Champion Andrew Kouwe calls in
2. What’s going on with this team?
3. Frank Howard
4. Tyler Lydon
6. The Juice Online Editor in Chief Brad Bierman calls in
7. Syracuse blasted by BC
8. Switch defenses?
9. Light at the end of the tunnel?
10. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Recruiting Roundup: Decision day for Hugh Davis, Syracuse re-offers Jo-El Shaw - May 26, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: 2018 running back Jawhar Jordan commits to Syracuse - May 25, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: Marek Dolezaj to Syracuse, Meechi Harris narrows list to nine - May 24, 2017
- 2017 NBA Draft Profile: Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon - May 23, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse’s dream season ends with nightmare against Towson - May 22, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse to play Towson with trip to Final Four on the line - May 19, 2017
- Belbey: Boeheim’s Army has meant ‘a lot’ to Syracuse basketball alums - May 17, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse rides Evan Molloy past Yale and into NCAA quarterfinals - May 15, 2017
- Syracuse basketball recruit Jordan Tucker commits to Duke - May 13, 2017
- McAnaney: Yale a ‘tough draw’ for Syracuse lacrosse as a two-seeed - May 12, 2017