Syracuse will try to get back to .500 when it travels up to Massachusetts to play Boston College on Saturday. Here is a quick look at the game:
HOT SEAT?: After two promising 7-6 seasons to start at Boston College, head coach Steve Addazio’s seat is getting gradually warmer in his fourth season at Chestnut Hill. The Eagles went winless in the ACC in 2015 (3-9 overall), and are still in search of their first conference win this season. Though BC has fared well against non-Power 5 schools Massachusetts and Wagner, the Eagles were throttled by Virginia Tech and Clemson by a combined total of 105-10, and lost a heartbreaker to Georgia Tech in Ireland. Boston College is currently favored against the Orange at home, and it may be the final time this season it is favored in a conference game.
SCOUTING THE EAGLES: Though Boston College had few bright spots in an ugly loss to Clemson, linebaker Ty Schwab was one of them. He recorded 10 tackles to increase his team-high to 33 on the season, and drew rave reviews from his coach. “He’s been playing really well,” Addazio said. “He’s a tough kid. He’s a hard-nosed guy. He’s very, very physical.” Offensively, Boston College has been one of the worst teams in the country. It is averaging 21.2 points per game, and just 321 yards per game. While Boston College is a more run-heavy offense, quarterback Patrick Towles is completing only 50.8 percent of his passes.
HISTORICALLY SPEAKING: Syracuse and Boston College will be meeting for the 50th time on Saturday, with SU leading the series 30-19. Syracuse won the last meeting between the two teams in 2015, as Scott Shafer was carried off the field by his players in his final game as SU’s head coach.
GAME INFORMATION: Saturday, Oct. 22 at 12:30 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. TV: ACC Network.
- Waters: 2017-18 Syracuse basketball has path to NCAA Tournament bid - October 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 27, Clemson 24 - October 13, 2017
- Experience with Syracuse basketball’s zone can be indicator of defensive efficiency - October 11, 2017
- 2017-18 Syracuse basketball: Best and worst case scenarios - October 5, 2017
- Does experience necessarily translate into wins for Syracuse basketball? - October 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 25, NC State 33 - September 30, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 26, LSU 35 - September 23, 2017
- Does Syracuse football have a puncher’s chance against LSU? - September 22, 2017
- What will Syracuse basketball’s starting lineup look like in 2017-18? - September 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 23, Middle Tennessee 30 - September 9, 2017