Syracuse.com’s Mike Waters calls in to chat about the upcoming 2016 ACC football season with Wes Cheng on The Juice on the Cuse Podcast hosted by SNY.tv. The Juice Online Editor in Chief Brad Bierman calls in after to chat football.
Here are the highlights from the show:
Wes Cheng: Should Syracuse fans be getting a little worried that the 2017 class doesn’t have a commitment yet?
Mike Waters: I understand the angst. In a lot of years, Syracuse has one, two, three commitments. Sometimes Syracuse has had its entire class wrapped up and they’re already targeting younger classes. But if you look at this 2017 class, really, the top 50 kids, very few have committed yet. And very few of the kids who committed are Syracuse targets. […] Guys like Quade Green, Hamidou Diallo, Lonnie Walker, Brandon Randolph, Nick Richards, Billy Preston, all of these guys are still on the board and they haven’t really zeroed it down yet. And if they have, they’ve zeroed it down to four or five schools, and Syracuse is in the four or five. Syracuse is in good shape for all of their prime targets.
WC: Syracuse basketball practice started last week. What was the one thing that jumped out to you?
MW: Of the returning players, their size. Guys like Tyler Lydon and Frank Howard and Paschal Chukwu, they’re bigger. They’re stronger. Now, they’re not football players out there. No one is going to look at Tyler Lydon and say we have a tight end or a defensive end on our hands, but they’re gotten bigger and they’ve added weight. Franklin Howard is up over 200 pounds now, and when he got to Syracuse a year ago, he was 180. Tyler Lydon was at 205 a year ago to about 223, 226 now. He just looks different through the shoulders and the biceps. With Paschal, you have to get up close to him and remind yourself what he looked like a year ago. At 7’2″, he’s never going to be hefty. He’s a tall thin guy, and is always going to be tall and thin […] he looks stronger through the shoulders and the arms.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
1. Syracuse.com’s Mike Waters calls in
2. 2017 class still empty
3. Who commits first?
4. Thoughts on 2016-17 team
5. Who starts?
6. Who scores?
7. The Juice Online Editor in Chief Brad Bierman calls in
8. Loss to Notre Dame
9. Bowl game on the table?
10. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 26, LSU 35 - September 23, 2017
- Does Syracuse football have a puncher’s chance against LSU? - September 22, 2017
- What will Syracuse basketball’s starting lineup look like in 2017-18? - September 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 23, Middle Tennessee 30 - September 9, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 50, Central Connecticut State 7 - September 1, 2017
- Belbey: Boeheim’s Army crossing Final Four threshold builds momentum for 2018 - August 22, 2017
- Boston College Eagles — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - August 21, 2017
- Adelson: Syracuse football ‘will be better’ but bowl game may prove elusive - August 18, 2017
- Ervin Philips — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - August 16, 2017
- Louisville Cardinals — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - August 14, 2017