Welcome back to Syracuse football, Tom Coughlin! On to today’s recruiting links…
Syracuse has began recruiting 2017 big man Billy Preston from Oak Hill Academy (VA), writes SNY.tv’s very own, Adam Zagoria. Preston had originally been focusing on Kansas, USC and Maryland, but coaches from Indiana, Kentucky and Syracuse visited him earlier in the week. “After talking with my family and starting my senior year at Oak Hill Academy, I have decided to open my recruitment up and explore what schools would best fit for me as a student-athlete,” Preston said.
Another 2017 big man, Nick Richards, will be taking a visit to Arizona, Zagoria also reports. The Arizona coaching staff had an in-home visit with him earlier in the week, as did Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim. UConn and Indiana continue to recruit him, as well.
Quincey Patterson, a three-star quarterback from Solorio Academy (Ill.), tweeted on Wednesday that he had received an offer from Syracuse. Patterson also holds offers from Penn State, Illinois and Indiana, among others.
2017 wing Hamidou Diallo says that he is eligible for the 2017 NBA Draft, writes Scout.com’s Evan Daniels. Still, he says that he is leaning toward going to college. Recently, Diallo has met with some of college basketball’s top coaches, including Sean Miller, John Calipari, Jim Boeheim, Tom Crean, Bill Self, Kevin Ollie and Marvin Menzie.
That’s it from the recruiting world for today. See you all next week!
- Recruiting Roundup: Decision day for Hugh Davis, Syracuse re-offers Jo-El Shaw - May 26, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: 2018 running back Jawhar Jordan commits to Syracuse - May 25, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: Marek Dolezaj to Syracuse, Meechi Harris narrows list to nine - May 24, 2017
- 2017 NBA Draft Profile: Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon - May 23, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse’s dream season ends with nightmare against Towson - May 22, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse to play Towson with trip to Final Four on the line - May 19, 2017
- Belbey: Boeheim’s Army has meant ‘a lot’ to Syracuse basketball alums - May 17, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse rides Evan Molloy past Yale and into NCAA quarterfinals - May 15, 2017
- Syracuse basketball recruit Jordan Tucker commits to Duke - May 13, 2017
- McAnaney: Yale a ‘tough draw’ for Syracuse lacrosse as a two-seeed - May 12, 2017