ESPN ACC college football writer Andrea Adelson calls in to chat about the upcoming 2016 ACC football season with Wes Cheng on The Juice on the Cuse Podcast hosted by SNY.tv. The Juice Online Senior Columnist Jim Stechschulte also calls in to make his predictions for Syracuse.
Here are the highlights from the show:
Wes Cheng: The powerhouses of the ACC, Florida State and Clemson, are again among the favorites to play in the college football playoffs. Is there a scenario where both teams end up with spots?
Andrea Adelson: Well, call me crazy, but I have them both in our predictions for the college football playoffs. So, yes, I do think there’s a scenario where I think both can make it in. A lot of it depends on what happens with the other conference championships. The selection committee has been very clear that they are going to give priority to a conference champion. However, if the win/loss record is not as good for a conference champion, as let’s say a one-loss Florida State or a one-loss Clemson that has a loss to another and it’s a close game, then I do think there are scenarios where a selection committee might say, ‘Florida State, they played at home, they lost on a last-second field goal to Clemson, maybe they should get the nod over a two-loss Ohio State,’ just as an example out of the Big 10.
WC: What is your prediction for the 2016 Syracuse team?
AA: I think Syracuse is going to be a better team, but that may not necessarily be reflected in their win/loss record. I still think they’re going to win between four and five games. But I still think we’re going to see a better team out there, a team that I think is going to have some fun, a team that is going to play in some closer games this year, and is going to be more competitive. But the caveat is that they have to stay healthy at quarterback and that has been missing from this team for several years.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
1. ESPN ACC college football writer Andrea Adelson calls in
2. Football preview
3. A look around the ACC
5. The Juice Online Senior Columnist Jim Stechschulte calls in
6. More football
7. Dino Babers offensive system
8. New look on defense
10. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Syracuse podcast: Andrew Kouwe on Hopkins leaving, Boeheim staying, next coach - March 24, 2017
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017
- Instant Juice: Mike Hopkins to leave Syracuse, take over at Washington - March 19, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Chris Carlson on the NIT, 2017 basketball recruiting, Greensboro - March 17, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, UNC Greensboro 77 - March 15, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse basketball left out of NCAA Tournament - March 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse surges, sputters, then hangs on for win against St. John’s - March 12, 2017
- Jim Boeheim pleads case for Syracuse after ACC Tournament loss - March 9, 2017
- Syracuse coach says there’s ‘no value’ in playing ACC Tournament in Greensboro - March 8, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 57, Miami 62 - March 8, 2017