ESPN ACC college football writer Andrea Adelson calls in to chat about the upcoming 2016 ACC football season with Wes Cheng on The Juice on the Cuse Podcast hosted by SNY.tv. The Juice Online Senior Columnist Jim Stechschulte also calls in to make his predictions for Syracuse.
Here are the highlights from the show:
Wes Cheng: The powerhouses of the ACC, Florida State and Clemson, are again among the favorites to play in the college football playoffs. Is there a scenario where both teams end up with spots?
Andrea Adelson: Well, call me crazy, but I have them both in our predictions for the college football playoffs. So, yes, I do think there’s a scenario where I think both can make it in. A lot of it depends on what happens with the other conference championships. The selection committee has been very clear that they are going to give priority to a conference champion. However, if the win/loss record is not as good for a conference champion, as let’s say a one-loss Florida State or a one-loss Clemson that has a loss to another and it’s a close game, then I do think there are scenarios where a selection committee might say, ‘Florida State, they played at home, they lost on a last-second field goal to Clemson, maybe they should get the nod over a two-loss Ohio State,’ just as an example out of the Big 10.
WC: What is your prediction for the 2016 Syracuse team?
AA: I think Syracuse is going to be a better team, but that may not necessarily be reflected in their win/loss record. I still think they’re going to win between four and five games. But I still think we’re going to see a better team out there, a team that I think is going to have some fun, a team that is going to play in some closer games this year, and is going to be more competitive. But the caveat is that they have to stay healthy at quarterback and that has been missing from this team for several years.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
1. ESPN ACC college football writer Andrea Adelson calls in
2. Football preview
3. A look around the ACC
5. The Juice Online Senior Columnist Jim Stechschulte calls in
6. More football
7. Dino Babers offensive system
8. New look on defense
10. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 74, Oakland 50 - November 20, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Texas Southern 67 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 10, Louisville 56 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Iona 62 - November 14, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 43, Wake Forest 64 - November 11, 2017
- Cornell Big Red — 2017-18 Syracuse scouting report with Ivy Hoops Online - November 10, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern Connecticut State - November 6, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 24, Florida State 27 - November 4, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern New Hampshire - October 30, 2017
- Waters: 2017-18 Syracuse basketball has path to NCAA Tournament bid - October 18, 2017