Syracuse football beat writer from Syracuse.com, Stephen Bailey, calls in to chat about Syracuse’s recent recruiting wins and the 2016 football season with Wes Cheng on The Juice on the Cuse Podcast hosted by SNY.tv. The Juice Online Editor in Chief Brad Bierman also calls in to discuss his thoughts for the upcoming season.
Here are the highlights from the show:
Wes Cheng: 2017 three-star tight end Aaron Hackett announced his commitment to Syracuse over the weekend. What kind of player is the Orange getting?
Stephen Bailey: Syracuse is getting a pretty versatile tight end from Venice high school in Florida. The most interesting thing about him might be that his positional coach down in Venice is Beckett Wales, former SU tight end. On the field, Aaron’s comfortable catching passes over the middle, pretty good hands, good in traffic. This year, he’s going to be moving around more in the offense, lining up in the backfield, the wing, out in the trip set, so he’ll be more comfortable if they ask him to do those things at Syracuse.
WC: Syracuse has been picked at the bottom of the ACC by most publications, but what do you think about the possibility of six wins and a bowl game?
SB: I would say an outside chance. Maybe 15 percent. It’s hard to say this far in advancce, but they have a really difficult schedule. […] I think 4-8 is a pretty reasonable expectation. Five wins and a bowl is certainly do-able. And obviously they get to six wins, that would be a heck of an accomplishment in year one for Dino Babers.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
1. Syracuse football beat writer from Syracuse.com, Stephen Bailey, calls in
2. Scouting report on tight end commit Aaron Hackett
3. Scouting report on defensive tackle commit Curtis Harper
4. How is the offense/defense shaping up?
6. Editor in chief Brad Bierman calls in
7. What to look for in preseason practices?
9. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Syracuse podcast: Andrew Kouwe on Hopkins leaving, Boeheim staying, next coach - March 24, 2017
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017
- Instant Juice: Mike Hopkins to leave Syracuse, take over at Washington - March 19, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Chris Carlson on the NIT, 2017 basketball recruiting, Greensboro - March 17, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, UNC Greensboro 77 - March 15, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse basketball left out of NCAA Tournament - March 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse surges, sputters, then hangs on for win against St. John’s - March 12, 2017
- Jim Boeheim pleads case for Syracuse after ACC Tournament loss - March 9, 2017
- Syracuse coach says there’s ‘no value’ in playing ACC Tournament in Greensboro - March 8, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 57, Miami 62 - March 8, 2017