Michael Scotto (@MikeAScotto) is an NBA writer for SheridanHoops.com and the Associated Press. We recently sat down with him to break down Syracuse’s second round draft pick, Michael Gbinije. Here’s what he had to say:
The Juice Online: How did Michael Gbinije do in the NBA Summer League?
Mike Scotto: Gbinije struggled in his lone game beyond the arc shooting 2-for-10 for 10 points in a 81-49 rout of the New York Knicks. But he also stuffed the stat sheet, adding seven rebounds and five assists against just one turnover. He played all three perimeter positions with the Pistons trying to figure out what NBA position he’ll play. Unfortunately, that was his only game because he sprained an ankle in practice the next day.
TJO: What kind of role do you see Gbinije playing on the Detroit Pistons this season if you were looking for Sports Betting Tips?
MS: At 24, he should come into the season as someone who is ready to play. However, the Pistons are loaded at small forward with Tobias Harris and Stanley Johnson. If the Pistons decide to use him at point guard, he’ll be competing with Reggie Jackson and Ish Smith at that spot. I think it’ll be hard for him to crack the rotation at the start of the season.
TJO: How will the Pistons do in the 2016-17 season?
MS: Detroit should remain a playoff team in the East. Young stars Andre Drummond, Reggie Jackson and Tobias Harris should only get better with another year of development and improved chemistry.
See Scotto’s thoughts on Syracuse’s first round pick, Malachi Richardson, from last week.
- Waters: 2017-18 Syracuse basketball has path to NCAA Tournament bid - October 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 27, Clemson 24 - October 13, 2017
- Experience with Syracuse basketball’s zone can be indicator of defensive efficiency - October 11, 2017
- 2017-18 Syracuse basketball: Best and worst case scenarios - October 5, 2017
- Does experience necessarily translate into wins for Syracuse basketball? - October 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 25, NC State 33 - September 30, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 26, LSU 35 - September 23, 2017
- Does Syracuse football have a puncher’s chance against LSU? - September 22, 2017
- What will Syracuse basketball’s starting lineup look like in 2017-18? - September 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 23, Middle Tennessee 30 - September 9, 2017