Former Syracuse football star Jake Flaherty calls in to chat about his post-playing career and his thoughts on the new coaching staff with Wes Cheng on The Juice on the Cuse Podcast hosted by SNY.tv. The Juice Online Editor in Chief Brad Bierman also calls in to discuss new athletics director John Wildhack.
Here are the highlights from the show:
Wes Cheng: Jake, at Syracuse, you were a two-year starter at linebacker. In 2008, you were co-captain and played in all 47 games during your career, leading the Orange in tackles in your senior year and finishing second on the team as a junior. Catch us up on what you’ve been up to since then.
Jake Flaherty: Since then I’ve had a busy 20s. After Syracuse I played in Germany for a year, which was a wonderful experience. I continued to play the game I loved and saw Europe. That was a great time. The football was pretty good, too. After that, I moved to New York City and I was doing some pre-med stuff. I got accepted to Upstate Medical School but I decided to go down a path of songwriting and performing. I’ve been hard at work trying to be a songwriter.
WC: What do you think of Dino Babers and the new coaching staff?
JF: I think it’s a really exciting time for the program. I think it’s called the shoot and veer offense that he’s implementing. From my understanding it’s very entertaining style of offense as far as getting the quarterback a bunch of different options to take shots downfield. That’s going to be great to put points on the board for the fans as well.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
1. Former Syracuse football star Jake Flaherty calls in
2. Playing career in Germany
3. Talking about his band and his songwriting
4. Thoughts on new coaching staff
5. Favorite memory from Syracuse
6. Editor in chief Brad Bierman calls in
7. John Wildhack is the new AD
8. Ties to Syracuse
9. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Syracuse podcast: Andrew Kouwe on Hopkins leaving, Boeheim staying, next coach - March 24, 2017
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017
- Instant Juice: Mike Hopkins to leave Syracuse, take over at Washington - March 19, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Chris Carlson on the NIT, 2017 basketball recruiting, Greensboro - March 17, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, UNC Greensboro 77 - March 15, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse basketball left out of NCAA Tournament - March 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse surges, sputters, then hangs on for win against St. John’s - March 12, 2017
- Jim Boeheim pleads case for Syracuse after ACC Tournament loss - March 9, 2017
- Syracuse coach says there’s ‘no value’ in playing ACC Tournament in Greensboro - March 8, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 57, Miami 62 - March 8, 2017