Former Syracuse football star Jake Flaherty calls in to chat about his post-playing career and his thoughts on the new coaching staff with Wes Cheng on The Juice on the Cuse Podcast hosted by SNY.tv. The Juice Online Editor in Chief Brad Bierman also calls in to discuss new athletics director John Wildhack.
Here are the highlights from the show:
Wes Cheng: Jake, at Syracuse, you were a two-year starter at linebacker. In 2008, you were co-captain and played in all 47 games during your career, leading the Orange in tackles in your senior year and finishing second on the team as a junior. Catch us up on what you’ve been up to since then.
Jake Flaherty: Since then I’ve had a busy 20s. After Syracuse I played in Germany for a year, which was a wonderful experience. I continued to play the game I loved and saw Europe. That was a great time. The football was pretty good, too. After that, I moved to New York City and I was doing some pre-med stuff. I got accepted to Upstate Medical School but I decided to go down a path of songwriting and performing. I’ve been hard at work trying to be a songwriter.
WC: What do you think of Dino Babers and the new coaching staff?
JF: I think it’s a really exciting time for the program. I think it’s called the shoot and veer offense that he’s implementing. From my understanding it’s very entertaining style of offense as far as getting the quarterback a bunch of different options to take shots downfield. That’s going to be great to put points on the board for the fans as well.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
1. Former Syracuse football star Jake Flaherty calls in
2. Playing career in Germany
3. Talking about his band and his songwriting
4. Thoughts on new coaching staff
5. Favorite memory from Syracuse
6. Editor in chief Brad Bierman calls in
7. John Wildhack is the new AD
8. Ties to Syracuse
9. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Recruiting Roundup: Decision day for Hugh Davis, Syracuse re-offers Jo-El Shaw - May 26, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: 2018 running back Jawhar Jordan commits to Syracuse - May 25, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: Marek Dolezaj to Syracuse, Meechi Harris narrows list to nine - May 24, 2017
- 2017 NBA Draft Profile: Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon - May 23, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse’s dream season ends with nightmare against Towson - May 22, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse to play Towson with trip to Final Four on the line - May 19, 2017
- Belbey: Boeheim’s Army has meant ‘a lot’ to Syracuse basketball alums - May 17, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse rides Evan Molloy past Yale and into NCAA quarterfinals - May 15, 2017
- Syracuse basketball recruit Jordan Tucker commits to Duke - May 13, 2017
- McAnaney: Yale a ‘tough draw’ for Syracuse lacrosse as a two-seeed - May 12, 2017