Former Syracuse football star Jake Flaherty calls in to chat about his post-playing career and his thoughts on the new coaching staff with Wes Cheng on The Juice on the Cuse Podcast hosted by SNY.tv. The Juice Online Editor in Chief Brad Bierman also calls in to discuss new athletics director John Wildhack.
Here are the highlights from the show:
Wes Cheng: Jake, at Syracuse, you were a two-year starter at linebacker. In 2008, you were co-captain and played in all 47 games during your career, leading the Orange in tackles in your senior year and finishing second on the team as a junior. Catch us up on what you’ve been up to since then.
Jake Flaherty: Since then I’ve had a busy 20s. After Syracuse I played in Germany for a year, which was a wonderful experience. I continued to play the game I loved and saw Europe. That was a great time. The football was pretty good, too. After that, I moved to New York City and I was doing some pre-med stuff. I got accepted to Upstate Medical School but I decided to go down a path of songwriting and performing. I’ve been hard at work trying to be a songwriter.
WC: What do you think of Dino Babers and the new coaching staff?
JF: I think it’s a really exciting time for the program. I think it’s called the shoot and veer offense that he’s implementing. From my understanding it’s very entertaining style of offense as far as getting the quarterback a bunch of different options to take shots downfield. That’s going to be great to put points on the board for the fans as well.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
1. Former Syracuse football star Jake Flaherty calls in
2. Playing career in Germany
3. Talking about his band and his songwriting
4. Thoughts on new coaching staff
5. Favorite memory from Syracuse
6. Editor in chief Brad Bierman calls in
7. John Wildhack is the new AD
8. Ties to Syracuse
9. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 74, Oakland 50 - November 20, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Texas Southern 67 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 10, Louisville 56 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Iona 62 - November 14, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 43, Wake Forest 64 - November 11, 2017
- Cornell Big Red — 2017-18 Syracuse scouting report with Ivy Hoops Online - November 10, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern Connecticut State - November 6, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 24, Florida State 27 - November 4, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern New Hampshire - October 30, 2017
- Waters: 2017-18 Syracuse basketball has path to NCAA Tournament bid - October 18, 2017