NEW YORK — Former Syracuse forward Michael Gbinije was selected by the Detroit Pistons with the 49th pick of the NBA Draft on Thursday night.
In his final year at Syracuse, he led the Orange in scoring with 17.5 points per game, to go with 4.3 assists and 4.3 rebounds.
He was named to the All-ACC Second Team and the Defensive Team.
Gbinije was the second Syracuse player taken in the NBA Draft. Earlier in the night, Malachi Richardson was drafted in the first round, 22nd overall, by the Sacramento Kings.
- Waters: 2017-18 Syracuse basketball has path to NCAA Tournament bid - October 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 27, Clemson 24 - October 13, 2017
- Experience with Syracuse basketball’s zone can be indicator of defensive efficiency - October 11, 2017
- 2017-18 Syracuse basketball: Best and worst case scenarios - October 5, 2017
- Does experience necessarily translate into wins for Syracuse basketball? - October 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 25, NC State 33 - September 30, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 26, LSU 35 - September 23, 2017
- Does Syracuse football have a puncher’s chance against LSU? - September 22, 2017
- What will Syracuse basketball’s starting lineup look like in 2017-18? - September 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 23, Middle Tennessee 30 - September 9, 2017