Notre Dame handed Syracuse a 17-7 loss on Saturday, marking the first time the Orange has lost three straight games since the 2007 season.
The Irish blitzed the Orange early, scoring four goals in the first eight minutes, and took a 9-4 lead into half.
The Orange started the second half with a pair of goals from Jordan Evans to cut the deficit to 9-6, but it was all Irish the rest of the way.
Notre Dame scored eight of the next nine goals, with Matt Kavanagh assisting on six of them.
Kavanagh haunted SU all day, finishing with three goals and six assists. He was joined by Ryder Garnsey (five goals) and Mikey Wynne (four).
Evans was one of the few bright spots for the Orange, finishing with a hat trick.
It was a sloppy day for the Orange, which struggled on clears (15-23) and turnovers (15). SU also lost 12 of 27 faceoffs.
Syracuse will also need to evaluate its goaltending after this game. Goalie Warren Hill logged just four saves while allowing 14 goals.
Syracuse will next play at Hobart on Wednesday at 7 p.m. and it will be televised on Time Warner Cable Sports.
- Waters: 2017-18 Syracuse basketball has path to NCAA Tournament bid - October 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 27, Clemson 24 - October 13, 2017
- Experience with Syracuse basketball’s zone can be indicator of defensive efficiency - October 11, 2017
- 2017-18 Syracuse basketball: Best and worst case scenarios - October 5, 2017
- Does experience necessarily translate into wins for Syracuse basketball? - October 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 25, NC State 33 - September 30, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 26, LSU 35 - September 23, 2017
- Does Syracuse football have a puncher’s chance against LSU? - September 22, 2017
- What will Syracuse basketball’s starting lineup look like in 2017-18? - September 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 23, Middle Tennessee 30 - September 9, 2017