What an amazing weekend for Syracuse hoops, with the men’s and women’s teams advancing to the Sweet 16! On to today’s recruiting links…
2017 Indiana offensive lineman Bryce Bailey will be visiting Syracuse on Tuesday, reports Rivals.com’s Scott Brown. Bailey currently holds offers from Illinois, Iowa State and Purdue, among others.
Another prospect that is looking to take a visit in the spring is 3-star defensive lineman Romello Martin, Brown also reports. The Abraham Lincoln (NY) prospect offer list includes Florida State, Louisville, Miami, Nebraska and Rutgers.
2017 Jersey City (NJ) linebacker Damion Abrams will be among those visiting, as well, he said on Twitter. According to 247 Sports, he doesn’t have any offers yet, but is obviously drawing interest from the Orange.
Cass Techical (Mich.) High School teammates Donovan Johnson and Rodney Hall were among a large group of teammates to visit Syracuse earlier in the year. The visit clearly had an effect on Hall, who tweeted a photo of the two from their time at SU. Johnson is a defensive back prospect, while Hall is a dual-threat quarterback.
Tyus Battle, a 2016 Syracuse commit, was invited to play in the Jordan Brand Classic, but declined the invitation because of an ankle sprain, reports Scout.com’s Ben Sigel. Battle was recently named Gatorade Player of the Year for the State of New Jersey.
Made Hoops’ Pat Lawless reports that Louisville and Arizona are the latest schools to offer 2017 Neumann Goretti (PA) point guard Quade Green. Green has no shortage of offers, including one from Syracuse.
Elite 2017 prospect Mohamed Bamba will take a visit to Harvard this week, reports SNY.tv’s very own, Adam Zagoria. Bamba holds offers from nearly every elite team in the country, including Duke, Syracuse and Kentucky.
That’s all for today. Have a great start to your week.
- Waters: 2017-18 Syracuse basketball has path to NCAA Tournament bid - October 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 27, Clemson 24 - October 13, 2017
- Experience with Syracuse basketball’s zone can be indicator of defensive efficiency - October 11, 2017
- 2017-18 Syracuse basketball: Best and worst case scenarios - October 5, 2017
- Does experience necessarily translate into wins for Syracuse basketball? - October 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 25, NC State 33 - September 30, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 26, LSU 35 - September 23, 2017
- Does Syracuse football have a puncher’s chance against LSU? - September 22, 2017
- What will Syracuse basketball’s starting lineup look like in 2017-18? - September 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 23, Middle Tennessee 30 - September 9, 2017