Despite losing five of six games to close the season, Syracuse will be headed to the NCAA Tournament as a No. 10 seed in the Midwest Region.
The Orange (19-13) will face off against Dayton (25-7) in the second round in St. Louis. The Flyers defeated the Orange in the Round of 32, 55-53, in the 2014 tournament.
Should SU advance, it would play the winner of second-seeded Michigan State and 15th seeded Middle Tennessee. Fellow ACC team Virginia is the top seeded team in the region, which will hold its championship in Chicago.
It was one of the stranger Selection Sunday in recent memory, with the entire NCAA bracket being leaked online prior to the official show on CBS.
- Waters: 2017-18 Syracuse basketball has path to NCAA Tournament bid - October 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 27, Clemson 24 - October 13, 2017
- Experience with Syracuse basketball’s zone can be indicator of defensive efficiency - October 11, 2017
- 2017-18 Syracuse basketball: Best and worst case scenarios - October 5, 2017
- Does experience necessarily translate into wins for Syracuse basketball? - October 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 25, NC State 33 - September 30, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 26, LSU 35 - September 23, 2017
- Does Syracuse football have a puncher’s chance against LSU? - September 22, 2017
- What will Syracuse basketball’s starting lineup look like in 2017-18? - September 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 23, Middle Tennessee 30 - September 9, 2017