Syracuse.com’s Stephen Bailey calls in to chat about 2016 NLI Day with Wes Cheng on The Juice on the Cuse Podcast hosted by SNY.tv. Editor in chief Brad Bierman also calls in to discuss Syracuse’s thrilling overtime win against Virginia Tech.
Here are the highlights from the show:
Wes Cheng: Syracuse able to hold off late pushes from Kentucky and Georgia to keep defensive end Jaquwan Nelson. How big of a get was this for Syracuse?
Stephen Bailey: I think it was the signature win of the class. Jaquwan Nelson is a three-star defensive end from Florida. Good pass rusher. Very good in high school. Syracuse needs some help at defensive end, so once fall camp rolls around, I think Jaquwan Nelson is a pretty good candidate for a guy who could see the field early.
WC: Overall, how should Syracuse feel about this first recruiting class?
SB: I think Syracuse fans should be happy. I think it’s a solid class. A lot of three-star guys. Again, we’ll see how they pan out. But a good foundation to build on for 2017 for when the staff has a full cycle to recruit, and even 2018, when they’ve finally caught up to the other coaching staffs who have recruiting current high school sophomores already. It really is crazy how early that process all starts. The more time these coaches are here and recruiting younger players, the more benefits they’ll be able to reap.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
1. Syracuse.com’s Stephen Bailey calls in
2. Jaquwan Nelson
3. Rashad Smith
4. What about New York/New Jersey?
5. Overall thoughts on the class?
6. Editor in chief Brad Bierman calls in
7. Win over Virginia Tech
8. New jerseys
9. Looking forward to NCAA Tourney
10. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Waters: 2017-18 Syracuse basketball has path to NCAA Tournament bid - October 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 27, Clemson 24 - October 13, 2017
- Experience with Syracuse basketball’s zone can be indicator of defensive efficiency - October 11, 2017
- 2017-18 Syracuse basketball: Best and worst case scenarios - October 5, 2017
- Does experience necessarily translate into wins for Syracuse basketball? - October 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 25, NC State 33 - September 30, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 26, LSU 35 - September 23, 2017
- Does Syracuse football have a puncher’s chance against LSU? - September 22, 2017
- What will Syracuse basketball’s starting lineup look like in 2017-18? - September 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 23, Middle Tennessee 30 - September 9, 2017