Former Syracuse star Eric Devendorf is involved in a GoFundMe campaign to help with the water crisis in Flint, Michigan. Please help out if you can. On to today’s recruiting links…
Syracuse lost out on several prospects on Monday, starting with 2016 defensive end Josh White. The Georgia prospect took an official visit to Syracuse over the weekend, but left without an offer. He tweeted on Monday morning that he had committed to Georgia Tech.
White was joined on his official visit to Syracuse by athlete Adrian Killins. Chris Hays from the Orlando Sentinel writes that despite the visit, Killins remains “100 percent committed” to UCF. “I tweeted that I had finally made it to Syracuse and all weekend, every day, they were all tweeting things at me,” Killins said of UCF fans.
Syracuse also lost out on Scout 300 prospect Stewart Reese, who announced his commitment to Mississippi State. The four-star offensive lineman had whittled his list down to the Bulldogs, Syracuse and Florida State.
The Orange will need to hold off two other suitors for defensive end commit Jaquwan Nelson, reports 247 Sports’ Ryan Bartlow. Nelson took an official visit to Georgia over the weekend, and is also weighing an offer from Kentucky. He is a former Miami commit.
Arizona wide receiver commit DeVaughn Cooper will decide between the Wildcats, Arizona State and Syracuse on signing day, reports The Arizona Daily Star’s Zack Rosenblatt. Cooper took an official visit to Syracuse with current commit Sean Riley earlier in January. He is currently rated three stars by Scout.
Four-star wide receiver Desmond Fitzpatrick announced his commitment to Louisville on Monday afternoon on Twitter. Syracuse had once been though of a potential landing spot for Fitzpatrick given his relationship with assistant coach Mike Hart, but ultimately he picked Louisville over Nebraska.
That’s all for today. Remember, tomorrow is NLI day! Like Christmas in February…
- Waters: 2017-18 Syracuse basketball has path to NCAA Tournament bid - October 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 27, Clemson 24 - October 13, 2017
- Experience with Syracuse basketball’s zone can be indicator of defensive efficiency - October 11, 2017
- 2017-18 Syracuse basketball: Best and worst case scenarios - October 5, 2017
- Does experience necessarily translate into wins for Syracuse basketball? - October 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 25, NC State 33 - September 30, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 26, LSU 35 - September 23, 2017
- Does Syracuse football have a puncher’s chance against LSU? - September 22, 2017
- What will Syracuse basketball’s starting lineup look like in 2017-18? - September 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 23, Middle Tennessee 30 - September 9, 2017