Nice gesture from the basketball team last night to wear t-shirts in honor of Pearl Washington. On to today’s recruiting links…
Stewart Reese, a 2016 Scout 300 offensive lineman, has whittled his list down to Syracuse, Florida State and Mississippi State, and will make his decision Monday, reports Scout.com’s Corey Bender. Mississippi State had an in-home with Reese earlier in the week, which made a big impression, but Syracuse had a rebuttal opportunity with its own in-home on Thursday night.
2017 linebacker Romelo Brooks tweeted on Thursday that he received an offer from Syracuse. It is the first offer for the Killian (Fla.) prospect. His teammate, 2018 offensive lineman Delone Scaife, also picked up an offer from the Orange, tweeted Killian Football. Syracuse is also the first school to offer.
Syracuse is establishing a pipeline through Narbonne (CA) football. On Thursday, they offered a trio of 2017 prospects, including running back Kameron Denmark, and defensive ends Anthony Pandy and Dominic Peterson.
Another 2017 prospect to get an offer was 2017 Maryland WR/DB Tariq Castro-Fields, he tweeted on Thursday. He also holds offers from Marshall, Rutgers and Toledo.
2017 Syracuse wide receiver commit Daewood Davis from Somerset Academy (Fla.) tweeted on Thursday that he received an offer from Illinois. He also holds offers from Miami, Louisvilla, Indiana, Duke and Utah, among others.
2016 defensive back commit Devon Clarke tweeted that he had an in-home visit with the Syracuse coaching staff on Thursday night. Clarke committed to the Orange on Jan. 17, and is a three-star prospect from Osceola (Fla.)
Switching over to basketball, 2017 big man Nick Richards tells SNY.tv’s very own, Adam Zagoria, that Syracuse, UConn, Kentucky, Arizona and Indiana are among the schools pursuing him hardest. Syracuse assistant Red Autry will watch Richards on Saturday. “I’m looking forward to that,” Richards said.
Trevon Duval, the No. 3 overall prospect in the 2017 class according to Scout, just received an offer from Oklahoma, reports MADE Hoops’ Pat Lawless. They join a long list pursuing the five-star guard that includes Arizona, Syracuse, UCLA, Villanova and St. John’s.
That’s all the recruiting news for today. Have a great weekend, everyone.
- Does Syracuse football have a puncher’s chance against LSU? - September 22, 2017
- What will Syracuse basketball’s starting lineup look like in 2017-18? - September 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 23, Middle Tennessee 30 - September 9, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 50, Central Connecticut State 7 - September 1, 2017
- Belbey: Boeheim’s Army crossing Final Four threshold builds momentum for 2018 - August 22, 2017
- Boston College Eagles — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - August 21, 2017
- Adelson: Syracuse football ‘will be better’ but bowl game may prove elusive - August 18, 2017
- Ervin Philips — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - August 16, 2017
- Louisville Cardinals — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - August 14, 2017
- Steve Ishmael — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - August 8, 2017