Nice gesture from the basketball team last night to wear t-shirts in honor of Pearl Washington. On to today’s recruiting links…
Stewart Reese, a 2016 Scout 300 offensive lineman, has whittled his list down to Syracuse, Florida State and Mississippi State, and will make his decision Monday, reports Scout.com’s Corey Bender. Mississippi State had an in-home with Reese earlier in the week, which made a big impression, but Syracuse had a rebuttal opportunity with its own in-home on Thursday night.
2017 linebacker Romelo Brooks tweeted on Thursday that he received an offer from Syracuse. It is the first offer for the Killian (Fla.) prospect. His teammate, 2018 offensive lineman Delone Scaife, also picked up an offer from the Orange, tweeted Killian Football. Syracuse is also the first school to offer.
Syracuse is establishing a pipeline through Narbonne (CA) football. On Thursday, they offered a trio of 2017 prospects, including running back Kameron Denmark, and defensive ends Anthony Pandy and Dominic Peterson.
Another 2017 prospect to get an offer was 2017 Maryland WR/DB Tariq Castro-Fields, he tweeted on Thursday. He also holds offers from Marshall, Rutgers and Toledo.
2017 Syracuse wide receiver commit Daewood Davis from Somerset Academy (Fla.) tweeted on Thursday that he received an offer from Illinois. He also holds offers from Miami, Louisvilla, Indiana, Duke and Utah, among others.
2016 defensive back commit Devon Clarke tweeted that he had an in-home visit with the Syracuse coaching staff on Thursday night. Clarke committed to the Orange on Jan. 17, and is a three-star prospect from Osceola (Fla.)
Switching over to basketball, 2017 big man Nick Richards tells SNY.tv’s very own, Adam Zagoria, that Syracuse, UConn, Kentucky, Arizona and Indiana are among the schools pursuing him hardest. Syracuse assistant Red Autry will watch Richards on Saturday. “I’m looking forward to that,” Richards said.
Trevon Duval, the No. 3 overall prospect in the 2017 class according to Scout, just received an offer from Oklahoma, reports MADE Hoops’ Pat Lawless. They join a long list pursuing the five-star guard that includes Arizona, Syracuse, UCLA, Villanova and St. John’s.
That’s all the recruiting news for today. Have a great weekend, everyone.
- Tim Welsh calls Syracuse an NCAA Tournament team that could play into second weekend - December 9, 2017
- Matt Moyer gives Syracuse basketball hope after disappointing start - December 6, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 72, Connecticut 63 - December 5, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 60, Kansas 72 - December 2, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 72, Maryland 70 - November 27, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 72, Toledo 64 - November 22, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 74, Oakland 50 - November 20, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Texas Southern 67 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 10, Louisville 56 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Iona 62 - November 14, 2017