Congratulations to Malachi Richardson, who was named ACC Rookie of the Week. Well deserved! On to today’s recruiting links…
Syracuse, fresh off picking up seven commitments from visitors over the weekend, got another one on Monday morning, with defensive end Joshua Black tweeting that he will be joining the Orange. The Harlem (Ill.) three-star prospect had originally committed to Illinois, and also had offers from Bowling Green and Ball State.
Another visitor who may be joining the Orange soon is three-star linebacker Tim Walton. The Cass Technical (Mich.) prospect announced his decommitment from Illinois on Twitter on Monday after visiting Syracuse over the weekend. He also holds offers from Navy, Toledo and Buffalo.
Syracuse.com’s Stephen Bailey reports that head coach Dino Babers will meet with Georgia three-star defensive end Josh White on Wednesday. White will take an official visit to Syracuse this weekend. He also has an offer from Maryland, and will receive a visit from Georgia Tech this week.
Syracuse offered 2018 linebacker Raymond Scott from Narbonne (CA) football, he tweeted on Monday. It is his first offer, likely one of many, many to come.
Former Syracuse commit Taylor Riggins announced on Twitter that he will be playing at UMass. Riggins decommitted from Syracuse earlier in the month, citing coaching changes.
Jerry Williamson reports that 2018 Sunshine State wide receiver Ivan Thomas received an offer from Syracuse. It is the first offer for the Palmetto (Fla.) star.
Former Syracuse defensive lineman target Amir Watts committed to Pitt over the weekend, he announced on Twitter. The four-star prospect from Phillips Academy (Ill.) had originally been one of SU’s top targets under Scott Shafer’s staff.
That’s all there is for today. See you tomorrow!
- McAnaney: Syracuse lacrosse a tough out because it is ‘battle tested’ - April 28, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse finds familiar result in one-goal win against Binghamton - April 22, 2017
- Syracuse stumbles out of the gate, but rallies to defeat North Carolina - April 16, 2017
- Mettus: Syracuse lacrosse ‘the team to beat’ right now - April 14, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse flexes its muscles, pushing past Cornell - April 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse enjoys rare rout, easily dispatching Hobart - April 6, 2017
- 2016-17 Syracuse basketball report card - April 3, 2017
- An early look at the 2017-18 Syracuse basketball team - March 31, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Andrew Kouwe on Hopkins leaving, Boeheim staying, next coach - March 24, 2017
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017