What a busy day in the recruiting world… Let’s get right to it.
Youngstown (OH) Cardinal Mooney two-star linebacker Andrew Armstrong committed to Syracuse late Tuesday evening, reports WKBN’s Chad Krispinsky. Armstrong was a former Bowling Green commit, and he had recently picked up offers from Cincinnati and Wake Forest. He also visited Syracuse this past weekend.
Three-star Pennsylvania running back Jo-El Shaw tweeted over the weekend that Syracuse was in his final three. Scout.com’s Mike McAllister now reports that Shaw will be taking an official visit to SU this weekend. He is also considering Western Michigan and Pittsburgh.
Taylor Riggins decommitted from Syracuse on Tuesday evening, he posted on Twitter. Riggins thanked former SU coach Scott Shafer and cited coaching changes as part of his decision. The three-star athlete has an offer from UMass, as well.
Syracuse also lost out on four-star offensive lineman Sean Foster, who announced his commitment to Iowa State on Twitter on Tuesday. He was previously committed to Minnesota and held and offer from the Orange.
2018 defensive back AJ Lytton from Upper Marlboro (MD) Wise tweeted on Tuesday morning that he had received an offer from Syracuse. Lytton also holds an offer from Wisconsin.
Syracuse has been among the schools stopping in to see Park Ridge (Ill.) Maine South junior offensive lineman Kevin Jarvis, reports Scout.com’s Allen Trieu. The other schools showing interest in the 2017 four-star offensive lineman include Wisconsin, Illinois and Iowa State.
2017 Cardinal (Fla.) Gibbons wide receiver Leroy Henley tweeted on Tuesday that he received an offer from Syracuse. The three-star prospect has no shortage of colleges after him, including Auburn, Florida, Miami, Michigan and Penn State.
2016 defensive back Elisha Daniels tweeted on Tuesday that he had an in-home visit with the Syracuse coaching staff and received an offer. He will also take an official visit to Syracuse later this month. The Cardinal (Fla.) Gibbons three-star prospect also holds offers from USF, UCF and Maryland.
Former Syracuse commit Noel Brouse announced that he would be attending Villanova late Monday night on Twitter. The three-star prospect also had offers from Yale, Old Dominion and Colgate.
Five Southridge (Fla.) prospects picked up offers from Syracuse on Tuesday, reports 247 Sports’ Ryan Bartlow. The five include linebackers Brandon James and Nadarius Fagan, defensive backs Shawn Davis and Billy Gibson, and wide receiver Rodney Scott.
That’s it for today. See you all tomorrow!
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse and Kentucky working hardest for Quade Green - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Brandon Randolph includes Syracuse in final four - September 13, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 28, Louisville 62 - September 9, 2016