I’m sure everyone is feeling great after Syracuse’s win over Duke on Monday. Except, of course, for Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski, who appeared to snub the handshake line in this video. Anyway, moving on to the recruiting world…
Three-star defensive end prospect Joshua Black has decommitted from Illinois, he announced on Twitter. Syracuse looks to be in good shape for Black, who will officially visit the Orange this weekend. He also holds offers from Indiana, Minnesota and Bowling Green.
Syracuse’s long shot chance at landing quarterback Devon Modster ended on Monday, with Modster announcing his commitment to the UCLA Bruins via Twitter. The four-star California prospect had originally committed to Arizona and also picked up an offer from Syracuse in early January.
Antjuan Simmons, a 2017 four-star linebacker prospect from Michigan, released his top 11 on Twitter over the weekend on Twitter. Syracuse is on that list, which also includes Ohio State, UCLA, Miami and Notre Dame.
Two-star defensive back Evan Foster hosted Bowling Green and Syracuse over the weekend for in-home visits, he posted on Twitter. The West Bloomfield (Mich.) product also has offers from Purdue, and Toledo.
Three star running back Jo-El Shaw from Pittsburgh (Pa.) listed his top three on Twitter, and that list is down to Western Michigan, Pitt and Syracuse. The 2016 prospect holds offers from UMass, Temple, ODU and Bowling Green.
Kendall Coleman discussed his decision to flip his commitment from Western Michigan to Syracuse with Syracuse.com’s Stephen Bailey. “My family has spent the last week looking up everything about Syracuse,” Coleman said. “Syracuse is the only school I’m visiting. That’s it for me.”
California wide receiver Cedric Byrd recapped his Syracuse official visit over the weekend with Scout.com’s Mike McAllister. “I liked it a lot,” Byrd said. “The environment, just reminded me a lot of home, except for the cold. Except for the snow.” Byrd still doesn’t have an offer from Syracuse, but does hold an offer from Western New Mexico.
Another prospect to take a visit to Syracuse over the weekend included three-star athlete DeVaughn Cooper, an Arizona commit. He also spoke with McAllister following the visit, and he said that the Orange is “up there.”
That’s all from the recruiting world for today. In closing, Michael Gbinije brought the peanut butter and TYLER ROBERSON BROUGHT THE JAM! See you all tomorrow.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 78, Duke 75 - February 22, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 65, Georgia Tech 71 - February 19, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 72, Louisville 76 (OT) - February 13, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 82, Clemson 81 - February 7, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 66, Virginia 62 - February 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 100, NC State 93 OT - February 1, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse announces 2017 class - February 1, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 82, Florida State 72 - January 28, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 81, Wake Forest 76 - January 24, 2017
- Can Syracuse still make the NCAA Tournament? - January 23, 2017