Congratulations to the Syracuse women’s basketball team, which improved to 13-4 with a win over Pittsburgh on Thursday evening. Let’s now move to an extremely busy day in the recruiting world…
The Syracuse coaching staff was busy after the dead period ended, offering several prospects in the 2017 class from the Midwest. Among them included wide receiver Isaiah Robertson, he tweeted. The Neuqua (Ill.) Valley prospect also holds offers from, Indiana, Cincinnati, Illinois and Iowa, among others.
2017 linebacker Antjuan Simmons tweeted on Thursday that he received an offer from Syracuse. The Pioneer (Mich.) product holds offers from 34 schools, including Michigan, Penn State and Nebraska. He is rated 3-stars by 247 Sports.
Another player in the 2017 class to tweet out his offer was defensive back Richard Bowens III from St. Mary’s (Mich.). He holds offers from Buffalo, Minnesota, and Bowling Green, and is also drawing interest from Michigan State.
Detroit (Mich.) Martin Luther King defensive back Ambry Thomas, a four-star prospect, has 24 offers, including his latest from Syracuse, according to his Twitter feed. LSU, Michigan, Michigan State, Notre Dame and Ohio State are among the schools already in with offers.
2017 quarterback Sam Johnson from Southfield (Mich.) also received an offer, and tweeted that Syracuse was his first from the ACC. He now holds seven offers, including ones from Bowling Green, Ohio and Temple.
Syracuse.com’s Stephen Bailey also reports that newly minted tight ends coach Reno Ferri was in Maryland on Thursday to visit running back Travis Levy. The three-star running back also holds offers Toledo, Vanderbilt and UMass, among others.
Moving back to the class of 2016, quarterback commit Lindsey Scott picked up an offer from Rutgers, and has also pushed back his official visit date to Syracuse, reports Bailey. Scott will now be on SU’s campus the weekend of Jan. 29.
Scripps Treasure Coast Newspapers’ Jon Santucci reports that top 2016 OL Stewart Reese will take his visit to Syracuse this weekend. He had initially schedule his visit for the weekend of the 22nd. The four-star prospect also has offers from LSU, Miami, Ole’ Miss, Alabama, and Florida, among others.
That’s all for today. Have a great weekend!
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 74, Oakland 50 - November 20, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Texas Southern 67 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 10, Louisville 56 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Iona 62 - November 14, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 43, Wake Forest 64 - November 11, 2017
- Cornell Big Red — 2017-18 Syracuse scouting report with Ivy Hoops Online - November 10, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern Connecticut State - November 6, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 24, Florida State 27 - November 4, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern New Hampshire - October 30, 2017
- Waters: 2017-18 Syracuse basketball has path to NCAA Tournament bid - October 18, 2017