2016 three-star sunshine state defensive end Jaquwan Nelson will officially visit Syracuse on Jan. 22, reports Scout.com’s Corey Bender. Nelson committed to Miami in March, and will visit them on Jan. 15. He also holds offers from Cincinnati, Kentucky, Bowling Green and Oregon State, among others.
Sadiq Palmer, a 2016 wide receiver commit from New Jersey, had his offer pulled by the new coaching staff, writes Syracuse.com’s Stephen Bailey. The “Orange will not wait on potential academic non-qualifiers so Palmer should reopen his recruitment,” Bailey writes.
Former 2016 Syracuse commit Darius Stubbs committed to Georgia State, he tweeted on Tuesday evening. The three-star all-purpose back had been recruited to play the H-back position in Tim Lester’s offense.
Johnny Huntley, a 2016 3-star wide receiver from South Plantation (Fla.) tweeted on Wednesday morning that he is solid to Colorado and isn’t going to take any official visits. He had originally scheduled a visit to Syracuse later in January, but essentially ended his recruiting process with the tweet. Washington, Wisconsin and Louisville were some other teams that had offered Huntley.
Three-star Milton (Ga.) offensive lineman Tyler Watson picked up an offer from Syracuse, reports 247 Sports’ Ben Miller. Watson committed to Wake Forest in September, and also holds offers from Maryland, UConn, Illinois and UCF, among others.
2016 commits Matt Moyer and Tyus Battle have been nominated for the McDonald’s All-American game. Another target for Syracuse, Taurean Thompson, was also among the nominees. The final roster will be named on Jan. 17 at 10:30 p.m. on ESPNU.
That’s all for today. Enjoy your Wednesdays, everyone!
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017
- Instant Juice: Mike Hopkins to leave Syracuse, take over at Washington - March 19, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Chris Carlson on the NIT, 2017 basketball recruiting, Greensboro - March 17, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, UNC Greensboro 77 - March 15, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse basketball left out of NCAA Tournament - March 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse surges, sputters, then hangs on for win against St. John’s - March 12, 2017
- Jim Boeheim pleads case for Syracuse after ACC Tournament loss - March 9, 2017
- Syracuse coach says there’s ‘no value’ in playing ACC Tournament in Greensboro - March 8, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 57, Miami 62 - March 8, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, Georgia Tech 61 - March 4, 2017