2016 three-star sunshine state defensive end Jaquwan Nelson will officially visit Syracuse on Jan. 22, reports Scout.com’s Corey Bender. Nelson committed to Miami in March, and will visit them on Jan. 15. He also holds offers from Cincinnati, Kentucky, Bowling Green and Oregon State, among others.
Sadiq Palmer, a 2016 wide receiver commit from New Jersey, had his offer pulled by the new coaching staff, writes Syracuse.com’s Stephen Bailey. The “Orange will not wait on potential academic non-qualifiers so Palmer should reopen his recruitment,” Bailey writes.
Former 2016 Syracuse commit Darius Stubbs committed to Georgia State, he tweeted on Tuesday evening. The three-star all-purpose back had been recruited to play the H-back position in Tim Lester’s offense.
Johnny Huntley, a 2016 3-star wide receiver from South Plantation (Fla.) tweeted on Wednesday morning that he is solid to Colorado and isn’t going to take any official visits. He had originally scheduled a visit to Syracuse later in January, but essentially ended his recruiting process with the tweet. Washington, Wisconsin and Louisville were some other teams that had offered Huntley.
Three-star Milton (Ga.) offensive lineman Tyler Watson picked up an offer from Syracuse, reports 247 Sports’ Ben Miller. Watson committed to Wake Forest in September, and also holds offers from Maryland, UConn, Illinois and UCF, among others.
2016 commits Matt Moyer and Tyus Battle have been nominated for the McDonald’s All-American game. Another target for Syracuse, Taurean Thompson, was also among the nominees. The final roster will be named on Jan. 17 at 10:30 p.m. on ESPNU.
That’s all for today. Enjoy your Wednesdays, everyone!
- 2017 NBA Draft Profile: Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon - May 23, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse’s dream season ends with nightmare against Towson - May 22, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse to play Towson with trip to Final Four on the line - May 19, 2017
- Belbey: Boeheim’s Army has meant ‘a lot’ to Syracuse basketball alums - May 17, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse rides Evan Molloy past Yale and into NCAA quarterfinals - May 15, 2017
- Syracuse basketball recruit Jordan Tucker commits to Duke - May 13, 2017
- McAnaney: Yale a ‘tough draw’ for Syracuse lacrosse as a two-seeed - May 12, 2017
- 2017 NCAA Tournament: A look at Syracuse lacrosse’s first round matchup against Yale - May 11, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse will finish off regular season with trip to Colgate - May 5, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse rallies, but falls short against North Carolina - May 1, 2017