Congratulations to former SU standout and *ahem* Heisman candidate Riley Dixon, who was invited to the NFL Combine. On to today’s recruiting links…
2017 big man Dhamir Cosby-Roundtree tells 247 Sports’ Andrew Slater that Villanova, Syracuse, Miami, VCU, Seton Hall, Temple, Monmouth and Old Dominion are the schools recruiting him hardest at the moment. The Neumann Goretti (Pa.) prospect is rated three-stars by 247 Sports. He attends the same high school that produced former SU players Rick Jackson and Scoop Jardine.
Arizona, Baylor, Louisville, and Maryland are working hardest for elite 2017 guard Trevon Duval, writes HoopSeen.com’s Corey Evans. Syracuse is among a crowded group of schools vying for his services. Evans also writes that 2017 five-star big man Mohamed Bamba picked up an offer from Louisville.
Taurean Thompson took a visit to Providence this weekend, writes Undercover Friar. One of the top uncommitted big men in the 2016 class, he is also hearing from Syracuse, Seton Hall, Pitt and N.C. State.
Wide receivers coach Chris Beatty’s stay in Syracuse was short-lived. Just three weeks after being hired, Beatty is now heading to Maryland to take the same position. But that won’t affect Syracuse commit Kenneth Ruff, writes Rivals.com’s Scott Brown. Ruff is “completely solid” to SU.
South Plantation (Fla.) WR Johnny Huntley will visit Syracuse on Jan. 15, and has stayed in close contact with the SU coaching staff since its switch over from Bowling Green, writes Syracuse.com’s Stephen Bailey. The 2016 receiver has a three-star rating according to Scout.
That’s all for today. Best of luck to Tom Coughlin, the former SU star, who stepped down as the head coach of the New York Giants on Monday. Have a great Tuesday.
- 2017 NBA Draft Profile: Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon - May 23, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse’s dream season ends with nightmare against Towson - May 22, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse to play Towson with trip to Final Four on the line - May 19, 2017
- Belbey: Boeheim’s Army has meant ‘a lot’ to Syracuse basketball alums - May 17, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse rides Evan Molloy past Yale and into NCAA quarterfinals - May 15, 2017
- Syracuse basketball recruit Jordan Tucker commits to Duke - May 13, 2017
- McAnaney: Yale a ‘tough draw’ for Syracuse lacrosse as a two-seeed - May 12, 2017
- 2017 NCAA Tournament: A look at Syracuse lacrosse’s first round matchup against Yale - May 11, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse will finish off regular season with trip to Colgate - May 5, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse rallies, but falls short against North Carolina - May 1, 2017