A happy (early) birthday goes to Malachi Richardson, who went off for 20 points against Miami over the weekend. On to today’s recruiting links…
Four-star QB Devon Modster from Tesoro (Ca.) decommitted from Arizona last week, and Syracuse is now among the schools in pursuit. Modster tweeted that he had received an offer from the Orange over the weekend, and holds offers from UCLA, Utah, Arizona State and Cal, among others.
2017 four-star offensive lineman Kevin Jarvis tweeted over the weekend that he had received an offer from the Orange. The Park Ridge (Ill.) has offers from Illinois, Rutgers and Toledo, among others.
Columbia (MO) Battle DL Jerrion Nelson has Iowa State, Tulsa, Purdue, and Syracuse in his final four, writes 247 Sports’ Alex Gleitman. He hasn’t visited Syracuse yet, but plans on scheduling a visit. He is rated 3-stars.
Syracuse QB commit Lindsey Scott from Zachary (La.) has been named the Louisiana Sports Writers Association’s Louisiana Farm Bureau/Mr. Football. Scott reaffirmed his commitment to the Orange recently. “In my mind, I needed to work on everything … my passing, my speed and my ability to read defenses,” Scott said to NOLA.com.
USA Today named Syracuse commit Isaiah McDuffie its New York Defensive Player of the Year. “It’s a great honor but overall I just want to get better as a player because I can always get better,” McDuffie said. “It’s a great award. I’m proud of myself but I just want to get better.”
Kentucky, St. John’s, Syracuse and Seton Hall are working hardest for elite 2018 big man Naz Reid, writes Chris Cirillo for SNY.tv’s own, ZagsBlog.com. “The sky is the limit for me,” Reid said. “I can definitely improve on my post moves and a little bit more on my character.”
That’s all for today. Congratulations to the women’s basketball team for their upset of No. 12 Duke on Sunday! Have a great start to your 2016, everyone.
- Syracuse lacrosse finds familiar result in one-goal win against Binghamton - April 22, 2017
- Syracuse stumbles out of the gate, but rallies to defeat North Carolina - April 16, 2017
- Mettus: Syracuse lacrosse ‘the team to beat’ right now - April 14, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse flexes its muscles, pushing past Cornell - April 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse enjoys rare rout, easily dispatching Hobart - April 6, 2017
- 2016-17 Syracuse basketball report card - April 3, 2017
- An early look at the 2017-18 Syracuse basketball team - March 31, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Andrew Kouwe on Hopkins leaving, Boeheim staying, next coach - March 24, 2017
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017
- Instant Juice: Mike Hopkins to leave Syracuse, take over at Washington - March 19, 2017