If Steve Harvey was doing the Selection Sunday show, it would go a little something like this: “The No. 1 seed in the NCAA Tournament is… The Georgetown Hoyas! Folks, I have to apologize. The first seed in the NIT is the Georgetown Hoyas.” On to today’s links…
2016 Syracuse commit Tyus Battle notched the 1,000th point of his high school career in a 55-49 win in the Tip-Off Hoop Group Showcase over the weekend. He finished with a game-high 19 points. Check out video of his milestone basket on NJ.com.
Elite 2017 guard Trevon Duval threw down a vicious slam in the American Family Insurance Hoophall West in Arizona over the weekend writes USA Today’s Jason Jordan. Duval’s offer list is essentially a list of every high-major in the country, and it also includes Syracuse. The dunk is called “Oh My Gosh, Watch Out.”
Syracuse will host a pair of Colorado commits on Jan. 16, writes 247 Sports’ Ryan Bartlow. WR Johnny Huntley (South Plantation, Fla.) and RB Anthony Julmissee are both rated 3-star prospects, and had in-home visits from the Syracuse staff prior to the dead prior.
2016 St. Peter’s Prep DB/WR KJ Gray announced his decommitment from Boston College via Twitter on Monday morning. Gray had previously pledged to the Eagles over the summer, but was recruited by BC defensive coordinator Don Brown, who is now headed to Michigan. Prior to his commitment, he was weighing offers from Rutgers, Iowa, and Syracuse.
The Tre’vour Simms recruitment has taken another strange turn. Simms flipped his commitment from Illinois to Mizzou last week, and over the weekend, reports surfaced that Simms had then recommitted to the Illini. But Simms is now saying that he “never flipped back” to Illinois. Syracuse’s new coaching staff extended an offer to Simms earlier in the month.
That’s all for today. Four days to Christmas!
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse and Kentucky working hardest for Quade Green - September 16, 2016