If Steve Harvey was doing the Selection Sunday show, it would go a little something like this: “The No. 1 seed in the NCAA Tournament is… The Georgetown Hoyas! Folks, I have to apologize. The first seed in the NIT is the Georgetown Hoyas.” On to today’s links…
2016 Syracuse commit Tyus Battle notched the 1,000th point of his high school career in a 55-49 win in the Tip-Off Hoop Group Showcase over the weekend. He finished with a game-high 19 points. Check out video of his milestone basket on NJ.com.
Elite 2017 guard Trevon Duval threw down a vicious slam in the American Family Insurance Hoophall West in Arizona over the weekend writes USA Today’s Jason Jordan. Duval’s offer list is essentially a list of every high-major in the country, and it also includes Syracuse. The dunk is called “Oh My Gosh, Watch Out.”
Syracuse will host a pair of Colorado commits on Jan. 16, writes 247 Sports’ Ryan Bartlow. WR Johnny Huntley (South Plantation, Fla.) and RB Anthony Julmissee are both rated 3-star prospects, and had in-home visits from the Syracuse staff prior to the dead prior.
2016 St. Peter’s Prep DB/WR KJ Gray announced his decommitment from Boston College via Twitter on Monday morning. Gray had previously pledged to the Eagles over the summer, but was recruited by BC defensive coordinator Don Brown, who is now headed to Michigan. Prior to his commitment, he was weighing offers from Rutgers, Iowa, and Syracuse.
The Tre’vour Simms recruitment has taken another strange turn. Simms flipped his commitment from Illinois to Mizzou last week, and over the weekend, reports surfaced that Simms had then recommitted to the Illini. But Simms is now saying that he “never flipped back” to Illinois. Syracuse’s new coaching staff extended an offer to Simms earlier in the month.
That’s all for today. Four days to Christmas!
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 99, Boston University 77 - December 10, 2016
- Coleman’s recent uptick could be Syracuse’s best since Christmas - December 7, 2016
- After loss to UConn, Syracuse’s Lydon vows to be more aggressive - December 6, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 50, Connecticut 52 - December 5, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 77, North Florida 71 - December 3, 2016
- Two early season losses could be bad harbinger for Syracuse basketball - December 1, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 61, Pittsburgh 76 - November 26, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 101, South Carolina State 59 - November 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse lands commitment from Bourama Sidibe - November 22, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Monmouth 50 - November 18, 2016