Welcome back to Syracuse, Antwan Cordy! The defensive back tweeted over the weekend that Syracuse is his home, and he will be staying put in Central New York. On to today’s recruiting links…
Lindsey Scott, a three-star prospect from Louisiana, committed to Syracuse under the Scott Shafer era, and reaffirmed his commitment to the new staff, writes Scout.com’s Mike McAllister. Scott, the Louisiana’s Gatorade Player of the Year, spoke with co-offensive coordinator Sean Lewis which was all he needed to affirm his commitment. He is now making plans to officially visit.
Scout.com’s Greg Powers writes that Colby Reeder from Wilmington (Del.) Salesianum School picked up an offer from Illinois last week, his first Big 10 offer. Other schools to extend offers include Toledo, Miami (Fl), Syracuse, and Old Dominion, and all are interested in him at the linebacker position.
East St. Louis offensive line prospect Tre’vour Simms has had an interesting week. Simms flipped his commitment from Illinois to Missouri last week, only to flip it back again to Illinois, writes the Columbia Tribune’s David Morrison. The three-star prospect, according to Scout.com, has an offer from Syracuse, as well.
Syracuse lost out on one of its 3-star WR targets, as 2016 prospect Neru N’Shaka announced on Twitter that committed to Toledo. Dino Babers staff had recently offered N’Shaka, who also had offers from Bowling Green, Wisconsin and Marshall. N’Shaka was originally committed to Virginia and thought to be a Syracuse flip because of assistant coach Chris Beatty joining the SU staff from UVa.
SNY.tv’s very own, Adam Zagoria, writes that Pitt is pursuing former Syracuse commit Moustapha Diagne. He is currently playing at Northwest Florida State. “Jamie Dixon is recruiting him the hardest of any team,” Pope John coach Jason Hasson said.
Michael Porter Jr. dropped 34 points and added 17 rebounds at the City of Palms writes SNY’s Jack LeGwin. “Schools that have been in the most touch with me lately are Duke, Washington, Mizzou, Kansas, Stanford and Illinois,” Porter said. Syracuse has also offered Porter Jr.
Another prospect who had a standout performance at the City of Palms was Syracuse offeree Kevin Knox, writes SNY’s Sean Moran. He poured in 27 points and added 12 rebounds after netting offers from Duke and UNC earlier in the month. Knox also holds offers from Florida, FSU, Syracuse and Maryland, among others, and may be getting one soon from Kentucky. “(Kentucky) Coach (John) Calipari has called me a couple times and my dad’s talked to them a lot and I feel an offer coming soon,” said Knox.
- Ervin Philips — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - August 16, 2017
- Louisville Cardinals — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - August 14, 2017
- Steve Ishmael — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - August 8, 2017
- Wake Forest Demon Deacons — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - August 7, 2017
- Moe Neal — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - August 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Boeheim’s Army 77, Overseas Elite 81 - August 2, 2017
- Miami Hurricanes — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - July 31, 2017
- Boeheim’s Army GM: Team FOE was ‘rattled’ by pro-Syracuse crowd - July 28, 2017
- Clemson Tigers — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - July 25, 2017
- Zaire Franklin — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - July 18, 2017