Welcome back to Syracuse, Antwan Cordy! The defensive back tweeted over the weekend that Syracuse is his home, and he will be staying put in Central New York. On to today’s recruiting links…
Lindsey Scott, a three-star prospect from Louisiana, committed to Syracuse under the Scott Shafer era, and reaffirmed his commitment to the new staff, writes Scout.com’s Mike McAllister. Scott, the Louisiana’s Gatorade Player of the Year, spoke with co-offensive coordinator Sean Lewis which was all he needed to affirm his commitment. He is now making plans to officially visit.
Scout.com’s Greg Powers writes that Colby Reeder from Wilmington (Del.) Salesianum School picked up an offer from Illinois last week, his first Big 10 offer. Other schools to extend offers include Toledo, Miami (Fl), Syracuse, and Old Dominion, and all are interested in him at the linebacker position.
East St. Louis offensive line prospect Tre’vour Simms has had an interesting week. Simms flipped his commitment from Illinois to Missouri last week, only to flip it back again to Illinois, writes the Columbia Tribune’s David Morrison. The three-star prospect, according to Scout.com, has an offer from Syracuse, as well.
Syracuse lost out on one of its 3-star WR targets, as 2016 prospect Neru N’Shaka announced on Twitter that committed to Toledo. Dino Babers staff had recently offered N’Shaka, who also had offers from Bowling Green, Wisconsin and Marshall. N’Shaka was originally committed to Virginia and thought to be a Syracuse flip because of assistant coach Chris Beatty joining the SU staff from UVa.
SNY.tv’s very own, Adam Zagoria, writes that Pitt is pursuing former Syracuse commit Moustapha Diagne. He is currently playing at Northwest Florida State. “Jamie Dixon is recruiting him the hardest of any team,” Pope John coach Jason Hasson said.
Michael Porter Jr. dropped 34 points and added 17 rebounds at the City of Palms writes SNY’s Jack LeGwin. “Schools that have been in the most touch with me lately are Duke, Washington, Mizzou, Kansas, Stanford and Illinois,” Porter said. Syracuse has also offered Porter Jr.
Another prospect who had a standout performance at the City of Palms was Syracuse offeree Kevin Knox, writes SNY’s Sean Moran. He poured in 27 points and added 12 rebounds after netting offers from Duke and UNC earlier in the month. Knox also holds offers from Florida, FSU, Syracuse and Maryland, among others, and may be getting one soon from Kentucky. “(Kentucky) Coach (John) Calipari has called me a couple times and my dad’s talked to them a lot and I feel an offer coming soon,” said Knox.
- Scoop Bradshaw — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - June 26, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: NJ wide receiver Taj Harris commits to Syracuse - June 26, 2017
- Breaking down Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon’s selection by the Denver Nuggets - June 23, 2017
- Former Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon selected by Denver Nuggets in NBA Draft - June 22, 2017
- Central Michigan Chippewas — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 22, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse receives commitment from OL Will Froumy - June 21, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: Cole Swider to visit Syracuse, Anthony Queeley commits - June 19, 2017
- Antwan Cordy — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - June 14, 2017
- Middle Tennessee State Blue Raiders — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 12, 2017
- Weekend Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse lands USF transfer Geno Thorpe - June 12, 2017