I’m going to see Star Wars tonight! I can’t wait for… uhhh… Spock. Ahem. On to today’s links…
Riverside City Community College (Calif.) wide receiver Alonge Brooks tells Syracuse.com’s Nate Mink that Syracuse head coach Dino Babers will visit him in January. According to Scout, Brooks only has one offer from Abilene Christian, but is drawing interest from Syracuse, Hawaii and Middle Tennessee State.
2016 running back commit Moe Neal is the top rated player in SU’s incoming class, and took an official visit to Syracuse over the weekend to meet with the new coaching staff. Neal glowed about the visit to Scout.com’s Mike McAllister. When asked about his relationship with Dino Babers, Neal said, “I believe in him and he believes in me.”
Syracuse is pursuing 2016 Youngstown Cardinal Mooney linebacker Andrew Armstrong, writes Scout.com’s Bill Greene. Armstrong had committed to Bowling Green, but reopened his recruitment after Babers left for Syracuse. Wake Forest, Cincinnati and Syracuse have offered Armstrong, and he is planning to visit all three in January.
Mike Helfgot from the Chicago Tribune writes that Glenbard West running back Sam Brodner is planning on taking an official visit to Syracuse in January. The 2016 prospect decommitted from Vanderbilt and will also look to officially visit Illinois and potentially Iowa. “I just want to take another look at other schools and see what my options are,” said Brodner.
2016 two-star linebacker Devin Miller tweeted out his top four on Thursday afternoon, and Syracuse joins Marshall, Cincinnati and USF for his services. Miller is a 6’0″, 195 outside linebacker, and according to Rivals.com, also holds offers from Miami (OH), Middle Tennessee State and Wyoming, among others.
Elite 2017 guard Hamidou Diallo tells 247 Sports’ Andrew Slater that he is planning on visiting Kansas, UConn, St. John’s, Kentucky and Maryland. Interestingly, Diallo leaves out Syracuse, who offered him earlier in the year.
That’s all in the recruiting world for today. Enjoy your weekend, everyone!
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017
- Instant Juice: Mike Hopkins to leave Syracuse, take over at Washington - March 19, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Chris Carlson on the NIT, 2017 basketball recruiting, Greensboro - March 17, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, UNC Greensboro 77 - March 15, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse basketball left out of NCAA Tournament - March 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse surges, sputters, then hangs on for win against St. John’s - March 12, 2017
- Jim Boeheim pleads case for Syracuse after ACC Tournament loss - March 9, 2017
- Syracuse coach says there’s ‘no value’ in playing ACC Tournament in Greensboro - March 8, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 57, Miami 62 - March 8, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, Georgia Tech 61 - March 4, 2017