I’m going to see Star Wars tonight! I can’t wait for… uhhh… Spock. Ahem. On to today’s links…
Riverside City Community College (Calif.) wide receiver Alonge Brooks tells Syracuse.com’s Nate Mink that Syracuse head coach Dino Babers will visit him in January. According to Scout, Brooks only has one offer from Abilene Christian, but is drawing interest from Syracuse, Hawaii and Middle Tennessee State.
2016 running back commit Moe Neal is the top rated player in SU’s incoming class, and took an official visit to Syracuse over the weekend to meet with the new coaching staff. Neal glowed about the visit to Scout.com’s Mike McAllister. When asked about his relationship with Dino Babers, Neal said, “I believe in him and he believes in me.”
Syracuse is pursuing 2016 Youngstown Cardinal Mooney linebacker Andrew Armstrong, writes Scout.com’s Bill Greene. Armstrong had committed to Bowling Green, but reopened his recruitment after Babers left for Syracuse. Wake Forest, Cincinnati and Syracuse have offered Armstrong, and he is planning to visit all three in January.
Mike Helfgot from the Chicago Tribune writes that Glenbard West running back Sam Brodner is planning on taking an official visit to Syracuse in January. The 2016 prospect decommitted from Vanderbilt and will also look to officially visit Illinois and potentially Iowa. “I just want to take another look at other schools and see what my options are,” said Brodner.
2016 two-star linebacker Devin Miller tweeted out his top four on Thursday afternoon, and Syracuse joins Marshall, Cincinnati and USF for his services. Miller is a 6’0″, 195 outside linebacker, and according to Rivals.com, also holds offers from Miami (OH), Middle Tennessee State and Wyoming, among others.
Elite 2017 guard Hamidou Diallo tells 247 Sports’ Andrew Slater that he is planning on visiting Kansas, UConn, St. John’s, Kentucky and Maryland. Interestingly, Diallo leaves out Syracuse, who offered him earlier in the year.
That’s all in the recruiting world for today. Enjoy your weekend, everyone!
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 66, Notre Dame 84 - January 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 76, Boston College 53 - January 14, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 73, Virginia Tech 83 - January 10, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 77, Pittsburgh 66 - January 7, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 70, Miami 55 - January 4, 2017
- Kouwe: Syracuse basketball ‘will get better from here’ - January 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 81, Boston College 96 - January 1, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Cornell 56 - December 27, 2016
- Cornell Big Red — 2016-17 Syracuse scouting report with Ivy Hoops Online - December 26, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 60, St. John’s 93 - December 21, 2016