Congratulations to women lacrosse’s Kayla Treanor and Halle Majorana, who were named first-team All-Americans by Inside Lacrosse. On to today’s recruiting links…
Back in July, Purdue received a commitment from two-star athlete Jack Wegher. Wegher also held offers from Ohio, Bowling Green and Connecticut. Initially, Wegher was planning a visit to Syracuse this weekend with offer in hand, but Purdue tweeted on Wednesday afternoon that he had officially signed with the Boilermakers.
JUCO wide receiver Alonge Brooks hasn’t received an offer yet from Syracuse, but JUCO Football Freenzy reports that the Orange are showing interest in him. The 6’3″ 200 pound prospect currently attends Riverside C.C. (Calif.).
Rivals.com’s Scott Brown say that recruiting is picking up for 2016 defensive end Ashton Toliver, Jireh Prep (NC). He currently holds offers from UMass and Morgan State, and is drawing interest from Syracuse. Toliver is a Bronx (NY) native.
On Wednesday morning, Hallandale (Fla.) High wide receiver Neru N’Shaka announced on his Twitter feed that he was decommiting from Virginia. Scout.com’s Mike McAllister reported that Syracuse extended him an offer over the weekend, noting that his primary recruiter at UVa was Chris Beatty, who is now the Syracuse running backs coach.
2016 safety recruit Eric Burrell remains committed to Wisconsin, but is strongly considering an offer from Maryland now, writes the Baltimore Sun’s Katherine Dunn. Burrell was offered by Syracuse under the Scott Shafer era, and now that Shafer is with Maryland along with former Virignia coach Mike London, Burrell is listening. “They’ve got a new coaching staff and I’m familiar with Mike London and coach Shafer. They recruited me from UVA and Syracuse, so they extended me an offer yesterday.”
Kevin Ollie and Roy Williams were on hand to watch elite 2017 big man Mohamed Bamba on Wednesday, reports SNY.tv’s very own, Adam Zagoria. He also reports that Alabama head coach Avery Johnson called Bamba to extend him an offer. Syracuse is among a large group of high-majors that is also pursuing Bamba.
Enjoy your Thursdays, everyone!
- McAnaney: Syracuse lacrosse a tough out because it is ‘battle tested’ - April 28, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse finds familiar result in one-goal win against Binghamton - April 22, 2017
- Syracuse stumbles out of the gate, but rallies to defeat North Carolina - April 16, 2017
- Mettus: Syracuse lacrosse ‘the team to beat’ right now - April 14, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse flexes its muscles, pushing past Cornell - April 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse enjoys rare rout, easily dispatching Hobart - April 6, 2017
- 2016-17 Syracuse basketball report card - April 3, 2017
- An early look at the 2017-18 Syracuse basketball team - March 31, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Andrew Kouwe on Hopkins leaving, Boeheim staying, next coach - March 24, 2017
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017