Congratulations to women lacrosse’s Kayla Treanor and Halle Majorana, who were named first-team All-Americans by Inside Lacrosse. On to today’s recruiting links…
Back in July, Purdue received a commitment from two-star athlete Jack Wegher. Wegher also held offers from Ohio, Bowling Green and Connecticut. Initially, Wegher was planning a visit to Syracuse this weekend with offer in hand, but Purdue tweeted on Wednesday afternoon that he had officially signed with the Boilermakers.
JUCO wide receiver Alonge Brooks hasn’t received an offer yet from Syracuse, but JUCO Football Freenzy reports that the Orange are showing interest in him. The 6’3″ 200 pound prospect currently attends Riverside C.C. (Calif.).
Rivals.com’s Scott Brown say that recruiting is picking up for 2016 defensive end Ashton Toliver, Jireh Prep (NC). He currently holds offers from UMass and Morgan State, and is drawing interest from Syracuse. Toliver is a Bronx (NY) native.
On Wednesday morning, Hallandale (Fla.) High wide receiver Neru N’Shaka announced on his Twitter feed that he was decommiting from Virginia. Scout.com’s Mike McAllister reported that Syracuse extended him an offer over the weekend, noting that his primary recruiter at UVa was Chris Beatty, who is now the Syracuse running backs coach.
2016 safety recruit Eric Burrell remains committed to Wisconsin, but is strongly considering an offer from Maryland now, writes the Baltimore Sun’s Katherine Dunn. Burrell was offered by Syracuse under the Scott Shafer era, and now that Shafer is with Maryland along with former Virignia coach Mike London, Burrell is listening. “They’ve got a new coaching staff and I’m familiar with Mike London and coach Shafer. They recruited me from UVA and Syracuse, so they extended me an offer yesterday.”
Kevin Ollie and Roy Williams were on hand to watch elite 2017 big man Mohamed Bamba on Wednesday, reports SNY.tv’s very own, Adam Zagoria. He also reports that Alabama head coach Avery Johnson called Bamba to extend him an offer. Syracuse is among a large group of high-majors that is also pursuing Bamba.
Enjoy your Thursdays, everyone!
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse and Kentucky working hardest for Quade Green - September 16, 2016