As we start off today, we look at the Scout ACC recruiting rankings for the 2016 class. Syracuse is currently ranked dead last in the conference, with a 73 overall ranking. That will certainly change over time as Dino Babers puts his stamp on the class. On to the rest of today’s recruiting links…
2016 Buford (Ga.) cornerback Martin Mangram is planning on taking an official visit to Syracuse, he tells The Daily Orange’s Paul Schwedelson. Mangram, rated three stars by Scout, has not set a date yet. The prospect also has offers from Army, East Carolina, Illinois and Iowa State.
Florida LB Kenneth Ruff flipped his commitment from Virginia to Syracuse over the weekend. He tweeted that Wednesday will be his final day of high school, as he will enroll early in the 2016 spring semester at SU. “I’m wearing Syracuse gear,” Ruff writes.
Last week, Syracuse offered East St. Louis (Ill.) guard Tre’vour Simms. At the time he was an Illinois commit, but on Monday, he flipped his school to Missouri. The 6-foot-3, 317-pound prospect was given a rating of three stars by Rivals.
Stephen Edelson from the Asbury Park Press writes that Nazreon Reid may be the next Karl-Anthony Towns. ESPN rates Reid as the No. 6 in the Class of 2018 and has already collected a nice offer list from high-majors, including Syracuse. “His development since got here has been tremendous, both on and off the court,” Roselle Catholic coach Dave Boff said.
That’s all for today. Enjoy your Wednesday, everyone.
- McAnaney: Syracuse lacrosse a tough out because it is ‘battle tested’ - April 28, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse finds familiar result in one-goal win against Binghamton - April 22, 2017
- Syracuse stumbles out of the gate, but rallies to defeat North Carolina - April 16, 2017
- Mettus: Syracuse lacrosse ‘the team to beat’ right now - April 14, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse flexes its muscles, pushing past Cornell - April 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse enjoys rare rout, easily dispatching Hobart - April 6, 2017
- 2016-17 Syracuse basketball report card - April 3, 2017
- An early look at the 2017-18 Syracuse basketball team - March 31, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Andrew Kouwe on Hopkins leaving, Boeheim staying, next coach - March 24, 2017
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017