As we start off today, we look at the Scout ACC recruiting rankings for the 2016 class. Syracuse is currently ranked dead last in the conference, with a 73 overall ranking. That will certainly change over time as Dino Babers puts his stamp on the class. On to the rest of today’s recruiting links…
2016 Buford (Ga.) cornerback Martin Mangram is planning on taking an official visit to Syracuse, he tells The Daily Orange’s Paul Schwedelson. Mangram, rated three stars by Scout, has not set a date yet. The prospect also has offers from Army, East Carolina, Illinois and Iowa State.
Florida LB Kenneth Ruff flipped his commitment from Virginia to Syracuse over the weekend. He tweeted that Wednesday will be his final day of high school, as he will enroll early in the 2016 spring semester at SU. “I’m wearing Syracuse gear,” Ruff writes.
Last week, Syracuse offered East St. Louis (Ill.) guard Tre’vour Simms. At the time he was an Illinois commit, but on Monday, he flipped his school to Missouri. The 6-foot-3, 317-pound prospect was given a rating of three stars by Rivals.
Stephen Edelson from the Asbury Park Press writes that Nazreon Reid may be the next Karl-Anthony Towns. ESPN rates Reid as the No. 6 in the Class of 2018 and has already collected a nice offer list from high-majors, including Syracuse. “His development since got here has been tremendous, both on and off the court,” Roselle Catholic coach Dave Boff said.
That’s all for today. Enjoy your Wednesday, everyone.
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017
- Instant Juice: Mike Hopkins to leave Syracuse, take over at Washington - March 19, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Chris Carlson on the NIT, 2017 basketball recruiting, Greensboro - March 17, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, UNC Greensboro 77 - March 15, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse basketball left out of NCAA Tournament - March 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse surges, sputters, then hangs on for win against St. John’s - March 12, 2017
- Jim Boeheim pleads case for Syracuse after ACC Tournament loss - March 9, 2017
- Syracuse coach says there’s ‘no value’ in playing ACC Tournament in Greensboro - March 8, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 57, Miami 62 - March 8, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, Georgia Tech 61 - March 4, 2017