It was great to see Pearl Washington at the Syracuse/St. John’s game yesterday. Chris Mullin was among the first to greet him after the game, in a classy move. We’re sending good thoughts your way, Pearl! On to today’s links…
Several recruits were on hand to watch the Syracuse v. St. John’s game at Madison Square Garden, among them 2018 New Jersey center Naz Reid. The Orange offered Reid back in May, and he also holds an offer from St. John’s. SNY.tv’s very own, Adam Zagoria, spoke to Reid and he said that either, or both, of Syracuse and St. John’s could be in his top 5.
2017 New York wing Jordan Tucker was also on hand, and told Zagoria that St. John’s is working hardest for him at the moment. He also holds offers from Syracuse, Arizona and Maryland. “I thought [St. John’s] played really well today adjusting to the Syracuse zone,” Tucker said.
Syracuse flipped Kenneth Ruff from Virginia over the weekend, reports Ryan Bartow from 247 Sports. Ruff originally committed to Virginia back in September, but changed his mind on an official visit to Syracuse over the weekend. He is considered a 3-star recruit, and the No. 37 inside linebacker in the 2016 class.
The addition of Ruff came at the expense of Dymelle Parker, who announced via Twitter his decommitment from the Orange. Parker said he never heard from the Syracuse staff, but he does hold offers from Indiana, Rutgers, Temple and Virginia, among others. He is rated 3-stars by 247 Sports.
Another name to keep an eye out for in the 2016 class is Ohio athlete Carl Jones. He was also on an official visit to Syracuse over the weekend, and tweeted that he had received an offer from the Orange. Check out his HUDL highlights if you have a free moment.
Youngstown Cardinal Mooney linebacker Andrew Armstrong decommitted from Bowling Green recently, and Syracuse looks to be a good landing spot writes Scout.com’s Bill Greene. Syracuse extended an offer, and he also holds offers from Wake Forest and Cincinnati.
Sleeper Athletes reports that Hallandale (Fla.) WR Neru N’Shaka picked up an offer from Syracuse over the weekend. He is currently committed to Virginia, and also holds offers from Bowling Green, Cincinnati, Wisconsin and Pittsburgh.
One last note for today: Eric Rutter from Today’s U Sports chatted with 2018 running back Shaun Shivers, who recently picked up a Louisville offer. Shivers also holds offers from Cincinnati, Florida A&M, Florida Atlantic, Syracuse and West Virginia. He tells Rutter that he’s planning on visiting Syracuse in the summer.
That’s all for today. Have a great start to your week, everyone.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 99, Boston University 77 - December 10, 2016
- Coleman’s recent uptick could be Syracuse’s best since Christmas - December 7, 2016
- After loss to UConn, Syracuse’s Lydon vows to be more aggressive - December 6, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 50, Connecticut 52 - December 5, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 77, North Florida 71 - December 3, 2016
- Two early season losses could be bad harbinger for Syracuse basketball - December 1, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 61, Pittsburgh 76 - November 26, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 101, South Carolina State 59 - November 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse lands commitment from Bourama Sidibe - November 22, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Monmouth 50 - November 18, 2016