It was great to see Pearl Washington at the Syracuse/St. John’s game yesterday. Chris Mullin was among the first to greet him after the game, in a classy move. We’re sending good thoughts your way, Pearl! On to today’s links…
Several recruits were on hand to watch the Syracuse v. St. John’s game at Madison Square Garden, among them 2018 New Jersey center Naz Reid. The Orange offered Reid back in May, and he also holds an offer from St. John’s. SNY.tv’s very own, Adam Zagoria, spoke to Reid and he said that either, or both, of Syracuse and St. John’s could be in his top 5.
2017 New York wing Jordan Tucker was also on hand, and told Zagoria that St. John’s is working hardest for him at the moment. He also holds offers from Syracuse, Arizona and Maryland. “I thought [St. John’s] played really well today adjusting to the Syracuse zone,” Tucker said.
Syracuse flipped Kenneth Ruff from Virginia over the weekend, reports Ryan Bartow from 247 Sports. Ruff originally committed to Virginia back in September, but changed his mind on an official visit to Syracuse over the weekend. He is considered a 3-star recruit, and the No. 37 inside linebacker in the 2016 class.
The addition of Ruff came at the expense of Dymelle Parker, who announced via Twitter his decommitment from the Orange. Parker said he never heard from the Syracuse staff, but he does hold offers from Indiana, Rutgers, Temple and Virginia, among others. He is rated 3-stars by 247 Sports.
Another name to keep an eye out for in the 2016 class is Ohio athlete Carl Jones. He was also on an official visit to Syracuse over the weekend, and tweeted that he had received an offer from the Orange. Check out his HUDL highlights if you have a free moment.
Youngstown Cardinal Mooney linebacker Andrew Armstrong decommitted from Bowling Green recently, and Syracuse looks to be a good landing spot writes Scout.com’s Bill Greene. Syracuse extended an offer, and he also holds offers from Wake Forest and Cincinnati.
Sleeper Athletes reports that Hallandale (Fla.) WR Neru N’Shaka picked up an offer from Syracuse over the weekend. He is currently committed to Virginia, and also holds offers from Bowling Green, Cincinnati, Wisconsin and Pittsburgh.
One last note for today: Eric Rutter from Today’s U Sports chatted with 2018 running back Shaun Shivers, who recently picked up a Louisville offer. Shivers also holds offers from Cincinnati, Florida A&M, Florida Atlantic, Syracuse and West Virginia. He tells Rutter that he’s planning on visiting Syracuse in the summer.
That’s all for today. Have a great start to your week, everyone.
- Does Syracuse football have a puncher’s chance against LSU? - September 22, 2017
- What will Syracuse basketball’s starting lineup look like in 2017-18? - September 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 23, Middle Tennessee 30 - September 9, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 50, Central Connecticut State 7 - September 1, 2017
- Belbey: Boeheim’s Army crossing Final Four threshold builds momentum for 2018 - August 22, 2017
- Boston College Eagles — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - August 21, 2017
- Adelson: Syracuse football ‘will be better’ but bowl game may prove elusive - August 18, 2017
- Ervin Philips — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - August 16, 2017
- Louisville Cardinals — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - August 14, 2017
- Steve Ishmael — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - August 8, 2017