It was great to see Pearl Washington at the Syracuse/St. John’s game yesterday. Chris Mullin was among the first to greet him after the game, in a classy move. We’re sending good thoughts your way, Pearl! On to today’s links…
Several recruits were on hand to watch the Syracuse v. St. John’s game at Madison Square Garden, among them 2018 New Jersey center Naz Reid. The Orange offered Reid back in May, and he also holds an offer from St. John’s. SNY.tv’s very own, Adam Zagoria, spoke to Reid and he said that either, or both, of Syracuse and St. John’s could be in his top 5.
2017 New York wing Jordan Tucker was also on hand, and told Zagoria that St. John’s is working hardest for him at the moment. He also holds offers from Syracuse, Arizona and Maryland. “I thought [St. John’s] played really well today adjusting to the Syracuse zone,” Tucker said.
Syracuse flipped Kenneth Ruff from Virginia over the weekend, reports Ryan Bartow from 247 Sports. Ruff originally committed to Virginia back in September, but changed his mind on an official visit to Syracuse over the weekend. He is considered a 3-star recruit, and the No. 37 inside linebacker in the 2016 class.
The addition of Ruff came at the expense of Dymelle Parker, who announced via Twitter his decommitment from the Orange. Parker said he never heard from the Syracuse staff, but he does hold offers from Indiana, Rutgers, Temple and Virginia, among others. He is rated 3-stars by 247 Sports.
Another name to keep an eye out for in the 2016 class is Ohio athlete Carl Jones. He was also on an official visit to Syracuse over the weekend, and tweeted that he had received an offer from the Orange. Check out his HUDL highlights if you have a free moment.
Youngstown Cardinal Mooney linebacker Andrew Armstrong decommitted from Bowling Green recently, and Syracuse looks to be a good landing spot writes Scout.com’s Bill Greene. Syracuse extended an offer, and he also holds offers from Wake Forest and Cincinnati.
Sleeper Athletes reports that Hallandale (Fla.) WR Neru N’Shaka picked up an offer from Syracuse over the weekend. He is currently committed to Virginia, and also holds offers from Bowling Green, Cincinnati, Wisconsin and Pittsburgh.
One last note for today: Eric Rutter from Today’s U Sports chatted with 2018 running back Shaun Shivers, who recently picked up a Louisville offer. Shivers also holds offers from Cincinnati, Florida A&M, Florida Atlantic, Syracuse and West Virginia. He tells Rutter that he’s planning on visiting Syracuse in the summer.
That’s all for today. Have a great start to your week, everyone.
- McAnaney: Syracuse lacrosse a tough out because it is ‘battle tested’ - April 28, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse finds familiar result in one-goal win against Binghamton - April 22, 2017
- Syracuse stumbles out of the gate, but rallies to defeat North Carolina - April 16, 2017
- Mettus: Syracuse lacrosse ‘the team to beat’ right now - April 14, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse flexes its muscles, pushing past Cornell - April 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse enjoys rare rout, easily dispatching Hobart - April 6, 2017
- 2016-17 Syracuse basketball report card - April 3, 2017
- An early look at the 2017-18 Syracuse basketball team - March 31, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Andrew Kouwe on Hopkins leaving, Boeheim staying, next coach - March 24, 2017
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017