It was great to see Pearl Washington at the Syracuse/St. John’s game yesterday. Chris Mullin was among the first to greet him after the game, in a classy move. We’re sending good thoughts your way, Pearl! On to today’s links…
Several recruits were on hand to watch the Syracuse v. St. John’s game at Madison Square Garden, among them 2018 New Jersey center Naz Reid. The Orange offered Reid back in May, and he also holds an offer from St. John’s. SNY.tv’s very own, Adam Zagoria, spoke to Reid and he said that either, or both, of Syracuse and St. John’s could be in his top 5.
2017 New York wing Jordan Tucker was also on hand, and told Zagoria that St. John’s is working hardest for him at the moment. He also holds offers from Syracuse, Arizona and Maryland. “I thought [St. John’s] played really well today adjusting to the Syracuse zone,” Tucker said.
Syracuse flipped Kenneth Ruff from Virginia over the weekend, reports Ryan Bartow from 247 Sports. Ruff originally committed to Virginia back in September, but changed his mind on an official visit to Syracuse over the weekend. He is considered a 3-star recruit, and the No. 37 inside linebacker in the 2016 class.
The addition of Ruff came at the expense of Dymelle Parker, who announced via Twitter his decommitment from the Orange. Parker said he never heard from the Syracuse staff, but he does hold offers from Indiana, Rutgers, Temple and Virginia, among others. He is rated 3-stars by 247 Sports.
Another name to keep an eye out for in the 2016 class is Ohio athlete Carl Jones. He was also on an official visit to Syracuse over the weekend, and tweeted that he had received an offer from the Orange. Check out his HUDL highlights if you have a free moment.
Youngstown Cardinal Mooney linebacker Andrew Armstrong decommitted from Bowling Green recently, and Syracuse looks to be a good landing spot writes Scout.com’s Bill Greene. Syracuse extended an offer, and he also holds offers from Wake Forest and Cincinnati.
Sleeper Athletes reports that Hallandale (Fla.) WR Neru N’Shaka picked up an offer from Syracuse over the weekend. He is currently committed to Virginia, and also holds offers from Bowling Green, Cincinnati, Wisconsin and Pittsburgh.
One last note for today: Eric Rutter from Today’s U Sports chatted with 2018 running back Shaun Shivers, who recently picked up a Louisville offer. Shivers also holds offers from Cincinnati, Florida A&M, Florida Atlantic, Syracuse and West Virginia. He tells Rutter that he’s planning on visiting Syracuse in the summer.
That’s all for today. Have a great start to your week, everyone.
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse and Kentucky working hardest for Quade Green - September 16, 2016