Bowling Green beat writer for the Sentinel Tribune, Thomas Schmeltz, calls in to chat about Syracuse head coach Dino Babers with host Wes Cheng on The Juice on the Cuse Podcast hosted by SNY.tv. 2003 National Champion and The Juice Online Senior College Basketball Analyst Andrew Kouwe joins us to discuss Mike Hopkins as head coach of the basketball team.
Here are the highlights from the show:
Wes Cheng: What are your overall thoughts on the team?
Thomas Schmeltz: Easy way to describe it, it’s fast. They’re somewhere int he range of 18 seconds per play. They’re very uptempo. The offense is predicated on high percentage throws with a more run pass balance than perceived. It’s just go-go-go and you hit for the long play in there.
WC: Everyone knows about his offense. How about his defensive philosophy?
TS: Dino doesn’t have his hands on too much with the defense. he’ll hire a coordinator and let him run with it. I’m not sure who it’ll be over there, not sure he’s going to bring too many of his defensive guys over with him. But they struggle. His offense is running 85, 90, 95 plays a game. The defense is on the field a lot more. The stats are going to have a negative connotation because they’re on the field so much. You’ll learn quickly that he’s all about scoring points and as long he scores more points than the other team, he’s good.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
1. Bowling Green beat writer for the Sentinel Tribune, Thomas Schmeltz, calls in
2. Tell us about a Dino Babers team
3. What kind of recruits does he pull?
4. Favorite memory
5. 2003 National Champion Andrew Kouwe in studio
6. Hopkins as head coach
7. Loss to Georgetown
8. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Syracuse podcast: Andrew Kouwe on Hopkins leaving, Boeheim staying, next coach - March 24, 2017
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017
- Instant Juice: Mike Hopkins to leave Syracuse, take over at Washington - March 19, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Chris Carlson on the NIT, 2017 basketball recruiting, Greensboro - March 17, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, UNC Greensboro 77 - March 15, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse basketball left out of NCAA Tournament - March 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse surges, sputters, then hangs on for win against St. John’s - March 12, 2017
- Jim Boeheim pleads case for Syracuse after ACC Tournament loss - March 9, 2017
- Syracuse coach says there’s ‘no value’ in playing ACC Tournament in Greensboro - March 8, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 57, Miami 62 - March 8, 2017