Bowling Green beat writer for the Sentinel Tribune, Thomas Schmeltz, calls in to chat about Syracuse head coach Dino Babers with host Wes Cheng on The Juice on the Cuse Podcast hosted by SNY.tv. 2003 National Champion and The Juice Online Senior College Basketball Analyst Andrew Kouwe joins us to discuss Mike Hopkins as head coach of the basketball team.
Here are the highlights from the show:
Wes Cheng: What are your overall thoughts on the team?
Thomas Schmeltz: Easy way to describe it, it’s fast. They’re somewhere int he range of 18 seconds per play. They’re very uptempo. The offense is predicated on high percentage throws with a more run pass balance than perceived. It’s just go-go-go and you hit for the long play in there.
WC: Everyone knows about his offense. How about his defensive philosophy?
TS: Dino doesn’t have his hands on too much with the defense. he’ll hire a coordinator and let him run with it. I’m not sure who it’ll be over there, not sure he’s going to bring too many of his defensive guys over with him. But they struggle. His offense is running 85, 90, 95 plays a game. The defense is on the field a lot more. The stats are going to have a negative connotation because they’re on the field so much. You’ll learn quickly that he’s all about scoring points and as long he scores more points than the other team, he’s good.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
1. Bowling Green beat writer for the Sentinel Tribune, Thomas Schmeltz, calls in
2. Tell us about a Dino Babers team
3. What kind of recruits does he pull?
4. Favorite memory
5. 2003 National Champion Andrew Kouwe in studio
6. Hopkins as head coach
7. Loss to Georgetown
8. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse and Kentucky working hardest for Quade Green - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Brandon Randolph includes Syracuse in final four - September 13, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 28, Louisville 62 - September 9, 2016