Congratulations to the SU men’s soccer team, who punched a ticket to the College Cup over the weekend with a win over Boston College. That could make three teams (cross country and field hockey) who win national championships this fall. On to today’s recruiting links…
As you know, Syracuse hired Dino Babers as its 30th head coach over the weekend. As a result, some Bowling Green commits may flip. Three-star 2016 Dunbar (Ohio) wide receiver Terrance Landers is currently committed to Bowling Green, but would consider following Babers to Syracuse if offered, he tells Scout.com’s Mike McAllister. He also holds offers from Iowa, Pitt, Purdue and Western Michigan, among others.
The Daily Orange’s Paul Schwedelson was in touch with several Syracuse recruits, who were pleased with the hire. “Just can’t wait to meet (Babers) and get this thing started,” said hybrid back commit Moe Neal. “I’m pretty excited, he’s a great coach with a great track record and I think he can bring some excitement,” said 2016 linebacker Taylor Riggins.
Quarterback commit Rex Culpepper also liked the move. “(Babers has) been successful. You like to see a successful head coach, not just an offensive guy,” Culpepper’s father told Syracuse.com’s Stephen Bailey. Said 2016 OL Cam DeGeorge: “I’m pretty pumped.”
Clairton (Pa.) High’s Aaron Mathews says to Scout.com’s Brian Dohn that he’s leaning toward Pittsburgh, and has set an official visit in the middle of January. Mathews also tells Dohn that he is considering West Virginia and North Carolina State. Syracuse has also recruited Mathews.
247 Sports’ Luke Stampini writes that Florida linebacker coach Randy Shannon will visit Miami (Fla.) Norland linebacker Vosean Joseph this week. Joseph committed to Florida in February, but Syracuse’s previous coaching staff had been in touch with him, and he took a visit to SU for the Clemson game. He’s also visited West Virginia.
That’s it for today. Coach Babers has a new Twitter feed, so make sure to give him a follow. Have a great start to your week, everyone.
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017
- Instant Juice: Mike Hopkins to leave Syracuse, take over at Washington - March 19, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Chris Carlson on the NIT, 2017 basketball recruiting, Greensboro - March 17, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, UNC Greensboro 77 - March 15, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse basketball left out of NCAA Tournament - March 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse surges, sputters, then hangs on for win against St. John’s - March 12, 2017
- Jim Boeheim pleads case for Syracuse after ACC Tournament loss - March 9, 2017
- Syracuse coach says there’s ‘no value’ in playing ACC Tournament in Greensboro - March 8, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 57, Miami 62 - March 8, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, Georgia Tech 61 - March 4, 2017