As we start today’s links, we’d like to wish former Syracuse center Rakeem Christmas a very happy birthday! On to the recruiting world…
Three-star offensive lineman Sam Heckel is still committed to Syracuse, writes Today’s U Sports’ Eric Rutter. Heckel committed to Syracuse earlier in the year, but the firing of Scott Shafer did make him waiver in his commitment “a little bit.” “I didn’t really agree with that,” Heckel said about the decision to dismiss Shafer. “I thought he was doing alright, but he just didn’t have the luck of the draw when it came to injury. He had to play like 18 underclassmen.”
North Stafford (Va.) 2019 running back Devyn Ford received an offer from Kentucky earlier this week, writes 247 Sports’ Josh Edwards. Despite being early in his recruiting process, Ford already holds offers from NC State, North Carolina, Syracuse, Wake Forest and Virginia.
2017 elite guard Trevon Duval described his experience watching the Kentucky-Duke game earlier in the season in his latest blog post in USA Today High School Sports. “I will say that I was really impressed with Kentucky in that game against Duke,” Duval writes. “They looked really good, just playing hard defense and playing together.” Kentucky, Kansas, Syracuse and Arizona are among the schools recruiting Duval.
Aapri Washington from Southlake Christian (N.C.) is featured in the Scout.com Spotlight. Washington describes himself as hardworking, and also says he has stepped into a leadership role on his team. He holds an offer from Syracuse.
2016 big man Taurean Thompson has high interest in Syracuse, and will make his college decision in the spring, writes Syracuse.com’s Donna Ditota. “Syracuse was recruiting him before this decision came about,” Sherese Piper, Thompson’s mother, wrote in an email. “As of now he’s focusing on his new school and season. He will be a late signee. Our interest in Syracuse remains strong.” Thompson is also considering Seton Hall and Georgetown, among others.
In closing, congratulations to men’s soccer player Julian Buescher, who is one of 15 semifinalists for the 2015 Missouri Athletic Club (MAC) Hermann Trophy, the highest individual award in collegiate soccer. Have a great day, everyone!
- Syracuse lacrosse finds familiar result in one-goal win against Binghamton - April 22, 2017
- Syracuse stumbles out of the gate, but rallies to defeat North Carolina - April 16, 2017
- Mettus: Syracuse lacrosse ‘the team to beat’ right now - April 14, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse flexes its muscles, pushing past Cornell - April 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse enjoys rare rout, easily dispatching Hobart - April 6, 2017
- 2016-17 Syracuse basketball report card - April 3, 2017
- An early look at the 2017-18 Syracuse basketball team - March 31, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Andrew Kouwe on Hopkins leaving, Boeheim staying, next coach - March 24, 2017
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017
- Instant Juice: Mike Hopkins to leave Syracuse, take over at Washington - March 19, 2017