What a great Thanksgiving to be a Syracuse fan. On top of the relatively mild weather in Central New York and a plate full of Turkey and stuffing, the Orange upset its old rival UConn in the Bahamas. While you’re working off your food coma, let’s move to today’s recruiting links…
Chris Whittaker, a 2017 prospect from Chaminade (Fl.) Madonna, is beginning to generate some interest. Scout.com’s Corey Bender speaks with Whittaker, who holds offers from Charlotte, Bowling Green and Syracuse. Whittaker is a 6-foot-3.5, 245-pound defensive end.
Bender also chats with Whittaker’s teammate, 2018 defensive end Davoan Hawkins. The 6-foot-4, 240-pound was nearly moved to tears upon receiving his first college offer, this one coming from Syracuse. He is also drawing interest from Charlotte.
Middletown (N.J.) South 2016 prospect Thomas Lopez will visit Pittsburgh this weekend for the Miami Hurricanes game, writes NJ.com’s Todderick Hunt. Lopez has plenty of options to choose from, with offers from Rutgers, Syracuse, UConn, NC State, and Pitt.
Staying in New Jersey, 2017 defensive tackle Fred Hansard will be at Michigan this weekend for “The Game” against Ohio State. Hansard is the No. 2 prospect in New Jersey, and the seventh best DT prospect in the country. He holds plenty of high-major offers, including Ohio State, Michigan, Rutgers and Syracuse.
One final note for today: With Syracuse receiving one scholarship back a year over four seasons, expect the Orange to go hard after Taurean Thompson. The 2016 big man noted earlier in the week that Syracuse was among the schools contacting him the most, and that was before SU had an open scholarship to offer. Expect SU to really turn up the heat for him now.
That’s all for today. Today is Black Friday, but it’s also Buy Nothing Day, so you all have your pick of activities!
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 99, Boston University 77 - December 10, 2016
- Coleman’s recent uptick could be Syracuse’s best since Christmas - December 7, 2016
- After loss to UConn, Syracuse’s Lydon vows to be more aggressive - December 6, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 50, Connecticut 52 - December 5, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 77, North Florida 71 - December 3, 2016
- Two early season losses could be bad harbinger for Syracuse basketball - December 1, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 61, Pittsburgh 76 - November 26, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 101, South Carolina State 59 - November 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse lands commitment from Bourama Sidibe - November 22, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Monmouth 50 - November 18, 2016