What a great Thanksgiving to be a Syracuse fan. On top of the relatively mild weather in Central New York and a plate full of Turkey and stuffing, the Orange upset its old rival UConn in the Bahamas. While you’re working off your food coma, let’s move to today’s recruiting links…
Chris Whittaker, a 2017 prospect from Chaminade (Fl.) Madonna, is beginning to generate some interest. Scout.com’s Corey Bender speaks with Whittaker, who holds offers from Charlotte, Bowling Green and Syracuse. Whittaker is a 6-foot-3.5, 245-pound defensive end.
Bender also chats with Whittaker’s teammate, 2018 defensive end Davoan Hawkins. The 6-foot-4, 240-pound was nearly moved to tears upon receiving his first college offer, this one coming from Syracuse. He is also drawing interest from Charlotte.
Middletown (N.J.) South 2016 prospect Thomas Lopez will visit Pittsburgh this weekend for the Miami Hurricanes game, writes NJ.com’s Todderick Hunt. Lopez has plenty of options to choose from, with offers from Rutgers, Syracuse, UConn, NC State, and Pitt.
Staying in New Jersey, 2017 defensive tackle Fred Hansard will be at Michigan this weekend for “The Game” against Ohio State. Hansard is the No. 2 prospect in New Jersey, and the seventh best DT prospect in the country. He holds plenty of high-major offers, including Ohio State, Michigan, Rutgers and Syracuse.
One final note for today: With Syracuse receiving one scholarship back a year over four seasons, expect the Orange to go hard after Taurean Thompson. The 2016 big man noted earlier in the week that Syracuse was among the schools contacting him the most, and that was before SU had an open scholarship to offer. Expect SU to really turn up the heat for him now.
That’s all for today. Today is Black Friday, but it’s also Buy Nothing Day, so you all have your pick of activities!
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 26, LSU 35 - September 23, 2017
- Does Syracuse football have a puncher’s chance against LSU? - September 22, 2017
- What will Syracuse basketball’s starting lineup look like in 2017-18? - September 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 23, Middle Tennessee 30 - September 9, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 50, Central Connecticut State 7 - September 1, 2017
- Belbey: Boeheim’s Army crossing Final Four threshold builds momentum for 2018 - August 22, 2017
- Boston College Eagles — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - August 21, 2017
- Adelson: Syracuse football ‘will be better’ but bowl game may prove elusive - August 18, 2017
- Ervin Philips — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - August 16, 2017
- Louisville Cardinals — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - August 14, 2017