We’re off from the recruiting links for tomorrow, so I wanted to take this opportunity to wish everyone a safe and healthy Thanksgiving! And with that, I leave you with today’s links…
It’s been a busy week for 2016 big man Taurean Thompson. Earlier in the week, ESPN’s Adam Finkelstein reported that Thompson picked up an offer from Pitt. On Wednesday, Finkelstein also wrote that he received an offer from NC State. The four-star recruit from Wolfeboro (N.H.) Brewster Academy mentioned to Scout.com’s Evan Daniels that Syracuse is still in the running, and he will make his decision in the spring.
Richard Walker from the Gaston Gazette caught up with Moe Neal’s father, Moe Neal Sr., in the aftermath of Syracuse head coach Scott Shafer being fired. Neal is going to take a wait and see approach. “He’s still committed, but we want to see who they’re going to bring in,” Moe Neal, Sr., said. “We just want to make the sure the new coach still has Moe in his future plans.” Scout.com’s Mike McAllister said that Syracuse athletics director Mark Coyle personally reached out to Neal earlier in the week.
Michael Porter Jr., a 5-star junior, threw down a vicious jam over a defender on Tuesday. Porter went for an incredible 45 points and 14 rebounds in the game. His top 10 includes Syracuse, Kentucky, Duke, Kansas, Virginia, Indiana, UCLA, Washington, Missouri and Stanford.
2019 running back Devyn Ford is obviously early in his recruiting process, but he already has offers from four ACC schools. He tells Scout.com’s Michael Clark that he has received offers from NC State, North Carolina, Virginia and Syracuse. Ford, from North Stafford (Va.) has not been up to visit Syracuse yet, but said he would be interested in visiting.
2016 3-star defensive tackle Amir Watts was originally lined up for an official visit to Syracuse on Dec. 11, but with Syracuse dismissing Scott Shafer, that visit is now in limbo. Josh Helmholdt from Rivals.com says that Watts may visit Minnesota instead. Watts also holds offers from Rutgers, Kansas and Pittsburgh.
That’s all for today. Have a great holiday!
- Syracuse lacrosse finds familiar result in one-goal win against Binghamton - April 22, 2017
- Syracuse stumbles out of the gate, but rallies to defeat North Carolina - April 16, 2017
- Mettus: Syracuse lacrosse ‘the team to beat’ right now - April 14, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse flexes its muscles, pushing past Cornell - April 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse enjoys rare rout, easily dispatching Hobart - April 6, 2017
- 2016-17 Syracuse basketball report card - April 3, 2017
- An early look at the 2017-18 Syracuse basketball team - March 31, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Andrew Kouwe on Hopkins leaving, Boeheim staying, next coach - March 24, 2017
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017
- Instant Juice: Mike Hopkins to leave Syracuse, take over at Washington - March 19, 2017