Congratulations to the Syracuse men’s soccer team, which captured the ACC Championship with a 1-0 win against Notre Dame! On to today’s recruiting links…
3-star linebacker Vosean Joseph tells Syracuse.com’s Stephen Bailey that Syracuse is in his top three. The other two schools are Florida and West Virginia. The Florida commit has taken official visits to South Carolina, West Virginia and was also at Syracuse over the past weekend to watch the Clemson game.
2018 Middle Village (NY) Christ the King defensive back Jarrett Paul visited Syracuse over the weekend and told The Juice Online “I loved the atmosphere in the dome, and I loved the energy that Cuse brought to the field.” Scout.com’s Mike McAllister reports that Paul will take visits to Maryland (11/21) and Temple (11/28).
Gavin Dineen, a defensive tackle from Marian Central Catholic (Ill.) tweeted that he received a preferred walk-on spot from Syracuse. He is not rated by Rivals.com, but does hold an offer from South Dakota.
Slam Magazine’s Franklyn Calle catches up with 2016 Syracuse basketball commit Tyus Battle. Battle has been frustrated by his drop in his national recruiting rankings as a result of an injury in his junior year. “I’m not worried about rankings, but I definitely have a chip on my shoulder after not playing last year,” Battle said. SNY.tv’s very own, Adam Zagoria, reports that Battle will sign his LOI with Syracuse on Wednesday.
2017 5-star forward Michael Porter Jr. just put his latest entry into his USA Today Blog. He has drawn interest from nearly every high-major, and his list includes Kentucky, Duke, Kansas, North Carolina, Virginia, Missouri and Syracuse. Porter wrote about his most recent visit to Kansas in his blog entry.
In closing, check out this dunk by former Syracuse recruit Derrick Jones. It’s an early candidate for dunk of the year. That’s all for today. Enjoy your Tuesdays, everyone.
- McAnaney: Syracuse lacrosse a tough out because it is ‘battle tested’ - April 28, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse finds familiar result in one-goal win against Binghamton - April 22, 2017
- Syracuse stumbles out of the gate, but rallies to defeat North Carolina - April 16, 2017
- Mettus: Syracuse lacrosse ‘the team to beat’ right now - April 14, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse flexes its muscles, pushing past Cornell - April 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse enjoys rare rout, easily dispatching Hobart - April 6, 2017
- 2016-17 Syracuse basketball report card - April 3, 2017
- An early look at the 2017-18 Syracuse basketball team - March 31, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Andrew Kouwe on Hopkins leaving, Boeheim staying, next coach - March 24, 2017
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017