Congratulations to the Syracuse men’s soccer team, which captured the ACC Championship with a 1-0 win against Notre Dame! On to today’s recruiting links…
3-star linebacker Vosean Joseph tells Syracuse.com’s Stephen Bailey that Syracuse is in his top three. The other two schools are Florida and West Virginia. The Florida commit has taken official visits to South Carolina, West Virginia and was also at Syracuse over the past weekend to watch the Clemson game.
2018 Middle Village (NY) Christ the King defensive back Jarrett Paul visited Syracuse over the weekend and told The Juice Online “I loved the atmosphere in the dome, and I loved the energy that Cuse brought to the field.” Scout.com’s Mike McAllister reports that Paul will take visits to Maryland (11/21) and Temple (11/28).
Gavin Dineen, a defensive tackle from Marian Central Catholic (Ill.) tweeted that he received a preferred walk-on spot from Syracuse. He is not rated by Rivals.com, but does hold an offer from South Dakota.
Slam Magazine’s Franklyn Calle catches up with 2016 Syracuse basketball commit Tyus Battle. Battle has been frustrated by his drop in his national recruiting rankings as a result of an injury in his junior year. “I’m not worried about rankings, but I definitely have a chip on my shoulder after not playing last year,” Battle said. SNY.tv’s very own, Adam Zagoria, reports that Battle will sign his LOI with Syracuse on Wednesday.
2017 5-star forward Michael Porter Jr. just put his latest entry into his USA Today Blog. He has drawn interest from nearly every high-major, and his list includes Kentucky, Duke, Kansas, North Carolina, Virginia, Missouri and Syracuse. Porter wrote about his most recent visit to Kansas in his blog entry.
In closing, check out this dunk by former Syracuse recruit Derrick Jones. It’s an early candidate for dunk of the year. That’s all for today. Enjoy your Tuesdays, everyone.
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017
- Instant Juice: Mike Hopkins to leave Syracuse, take over at Washington - March 19, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Chris Carlson on the NIT, 2017 basketball recruiting, Greensboro - March 17, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, UNC Greensboro 77 - March 15, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse basketball left out of NCAA Tournament - March 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse surges, sputters, then hangs on for win against St. John’s - March 12, 2017
- Jim Boeheim pleads case for Syracuse after ACC Tournament loss - March 9, 2017
- Syracuse coach says there’s ‘no value’ in playing ACC Tournament in Greensboro - March 8, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 57, Miami 62 - March 8, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, Georgia Tech 61 - March 4, 2017