Congratulations to the Syracuse men’s soccer team, which captured the ACC Championship with a 1-0 win against Notre Dame! On to today’s recruiting links…
3-star linebacker Vosean Joseph tells Syracuse.com’s Stephen Bailey that Syracuse is in his top three. The other two schools are Florida and West Virginia. The Florida commit has taken official visits to South Carolina, West Virginia and was also at Syracuse over the past weekend to watch the Clemson game.
2018 Middle Village (NY) Christ the King defensive back Jarrett Paul visited Syracuse over the weekend and told The Juice Online “I loved the atmosphere in the dome, and I loved the energy that Cuse brought to the field.” Scout.com’s Mike McAllister reports that Paul will take visits to Maryland (11/21) and Temple (11/28).
Gavin Dineen, a defensive tackle from Marian Central Catholic (Ill.) tweeted that he received a preferred walk-on spot from Syracuse. He is not rated by Rivals.com, but does hold an offer from South Dakota.
Slam Magazine’s Franklyn Calle catches up with 2016 Syracuse basketball commit Tyus Battle. Battle has been frustrated by his drop in his national recruiting rankings as a result of an injury in his junior year. “I’m not worried about rankings, but I definitely have a chip on my shoulder after not playing last year,” Battle said. SNY.tv’s very own, Adam Zagoria, reports that Battle will sign his LOI with Syracuse on Wednesday.
2017 5-star forward Michael Porter Jr. just put his latest entry into his USA Today Blog. He has drawn interest from nearly every high-major, and his list includes Kentucky, Duke, Kansas, North Carolina, Virginia, Missouri and Syracuse. Porter wrote about his most recent visit to Kansas in his blog entry.
In closing, check out this dunk by former Syracuse recruit Derrick Jones. It’s an early candidate for dunk of the year. That’s all for today. Enjoy your Tuesdays, everyone.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 66, Notre Dame 84 - January 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 76, Boston College 53 - January 14, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 73, Virginia Tech 83 - January 10, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 77, Pittsburgh 66 - January 7, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 70, Miami 55 - January 4, 2017
- Kouwe: Syracuse basketball ‘will get better from here’ - January 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 81, Boston College 96 - January 1, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Cornell 56 - December 27, 2016
- Cornell Big Red — 2016-17 Syracuse scouting report with Ivy Hoops Online - December 26, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 60, St. John’s 93 - December 21, 2016