ESPN and SNY college basketball analyst, and former Providence head coach, Tim Welsh calls in to chat about Syracuse’s upcoming season on The Juice on the Cuse Podcast hosted by SNY.tv. 2003 National Champion and The Juice Online Senior College Basketball Analyst Andrew Kouwe is also in studio to give his thoughts.
Here are the highlights from the show:
Wes Cheng: What are your overall thoughts on the team?
Tim Welsh: Syracuse has a lot to prove after last year with everything that went on not only on the court, but off the court as well. They have a lot to prove, and I think they want to prove it. They have the goods to prove it. It starts with Jim Boeheim. he knows how to push the buttons especially on a team that is under the radar, so to speak. I know they’re going to be much improved this year offensively and they’ve got some depth at the guard and wing spots.
WC: It’s early, but how is Syracuse going to do this year?
TW: I believe they’re a Sweet 16 team. I think they’ve got a lot of different weapons. They’ve got freshmen that are kind of interchangeable. They’ve got veteran guards in Gbinije and Cooney. When you’ve got veteran guards, a veteran coach, and a lot of depth and versatility, it can go a long way. Let’s say they can make it to the round of 16 and leave it at that, and anytime you can get to the Sweet 16, anything can happen.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
1. SNY/ESPN’s Tim Welsh calls in
2. Thoughts on this year’s team?
3. Boeheim’s suspension
4. Prediction for the season
5. 2003 National Champion Andrew Kouwe in studio
6. How did practice look when you were there?
7. Hopkins ready for the head coach spot?
8. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Tim Welsh calls Syracuse an NCAA Tournament team that could play into second weekend - December 9, 2017
- Matt Moyer gives Syracuse basketball hope after disappointing start - December 6, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 72, Connecticut 63 - December 5, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 60, Kansas 72 - December 2, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 72, Maryland 70 - November 27, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 72, Toledo 64 - November 22, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 74, Oakland 50 - November 20, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Texas Southern 67 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 10, Louisville 56 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Iona 62 - November 14, 2017