ESPN and SNY college basketball analyst, and former Providence head coach, Tim Welsh calls in to chat about Syracuse’s upcoming season on The Juice on the Cuse Podcast hosted by SNY.tv. 2003 National Champion and The Juice Online Senior College Basketball Analyst Andrew Kouwe is also in studio to give his thoughts.
Here are the highlights from the show:
Wes Cheng: What are your overall thoughts on the team?
Tim Welsh: Syracuse has a lot to prove after last year with everything that went on not only on the court, but off the court as well. They have a lot to prove, and I think they want to prove it. They have the goods to prove it. It starts with Jim Boeheim. he knows how to push the buttons especially on a team that is under the radar, so to speak. I know they’re going to be much improved this year offensively and they’ve got some depth at the guard and wing spots.
WC: It’s early, but how is Syracuse going to do this year?
TW: I believe they’re a Sweet 16 team. I think they’ve got a lot of different weapons. They’ve got freshmen that are kind of interchangeable. They’ve got veteran guards in Gbinije and Cooney. When you’ve got veteran guards, a veteran coach, and a lot of depth and versatility, it can go a long way. Let’s say they can make it to the round of 16 and leave it at that, and anytime you can get to the Sweet 16, anything can happen.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
1. SNY/ESPN’s Tim Welsh calls in
2. Thoughts on this year’s team?
3. Boeheim’s suspension
4. Prediction for the season
5. 2003 National Champion Andrew Kouwe in studio
6. How did practice look when you were there?
7. Hopkins ready for the head coach spot?
8. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse and Kentucky working hardest for Quade Green - September 16, 2016