ESPN and SNY college basketball analyst, and former Providence head coach, Tim Welsh calls in to chat about Syracuse’s upcoming season on The Juice on the Cuse Podcast hosted by SNY.tv. 2003 National Champion and The Juice Online Senior College Basketball Analyst Andrew Kouwe is also in studio to give his thoughts.
Here are the highlights from the show:
Wes Cheng: What are your overall thoughts on the team?
Tim Welsh: Syracuse has a lot to prove after last year with everything that went on not only on the court, but off the court as well. They have a lot to prove, and I think they want to prove it. They have the goods to prove it. It starts with Jim Boeheim. he knows how to push the buttons especially on a team that is under the radar, so to speak. I know they’re going to be much improved this year offensively and they’ve got some depth at the guard and wing spots.
WC: It’s early, but how is Syracuse going to do this year?
TW: I believe they’re a Sweet 16 team. I think they’ve got a lot of different weapons. They’ve got freshmen that are kind of interchangeable. They’ve got veteran guards in Gbinije and Cooney. When you’ve got veteran guards, a veteran coach, and a lot of depth and versatility, it can go a long way. Let’s say they can make it to the round of 16 and leave it at that, and anytime you can get to the Sweet 16, anything can happen.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
1. SNY/ESPN’s Tim Welsh calls in
2. Thoughts on this year’s team?
3. Boeheim’s suspension
4. Prediction for the season
5. 2003 National Champion Andrew Kouwe in studio
6. How did practice look when you were there?
7. Hopkins ready for the head coach spot?
8. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Syracuse podcast: Andrew Kouwe on Hopkins leaving, Boeheim staying, next coach - March 24, 2017
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017
- Instant Juice: Mike Hopkins to leave Syracuse, take over at Washington - March 19, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Chris Carlson on the NIT, 2017 basketball recruiting, Greensboro - March 17, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, UNC Greensboro 77 - March 15, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse basketball left out of NCAA Tournament - March 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse surges, sputters, then hangs on for win against St. John’s - March 12, 2017
- Jim Boeheim pleads case for Syracuse after ACC Tournament loss - March 9, 2017
- Syracuse coach says there’s ‘no value’ in playing ACC Tournament in Greensboro - March 8, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 57, Miami 62 - March 8, 2017