Hope you’re staying dry on this soggy Thursday. Let’s get to today’s recruiting links…
Class of 2018 wide receiver Jermaine Eskridge decommitted from Kentucky earlier in the week and wasted no time releasing a new top 10 on his Twitter feed. Syracuse is on that list, and Eskridge’s cousin was a former defensive back at Syracuse. Eskridge also mentioned earlier today that he had received an offer from Duke.
Several recruits will be in town this weekend for the Syracuse-Clemson game. Earlier this week, we reported that Jarrett Paul would be able to visit. Rivals.com’s Scott Brown reports that among that group includes 2016 3-star defensive back (FL) Cycoby Burch. Burch has interest from a slew of other schools, including USF, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
Amir Watts has narrowed his list of schools to Pitt, Syracuse, Rutgers and Minnesota, writes Pittsburgh Postgame’s Harry Psaro. Watts, a 3-star defensive end, decommitted from Western Michigan in August. But Watts is still waiting on offers from schools like USC or Ole Miss according to Bob Narang from the Chicago Tribune. “I want to play somewhere warm,” Watts said. (This, does not bode well for Syracuse.)
247 Sports’ Steve Wiltfong reports that Fishers (Ind.) Hamilton Southeastern LB Collin Miller will be visiting Syracuse on Dec. 4. Miller recently decommitted from Purdue and will also be visiting Georgia Tech at the end of November.
3-star Calabasas (CA) athlete Jermani Brown will play college football at Arizona State. The 2017 prospect also had offers from Syracuse, Utah, Wisconsin and Michigan State, among others.
Syracuse recently offered North Stafford (Va.) 2019 running back Devyn Ford, writes Taft Coghill Jr. from The Free Lance-Star. Ford also has offers from NC State, Virginia and North Carolina.
It’s official now for 2016 forward Matt Moyer. He signed his letter of intent for Syracuse on Wednesday, reports Syracuse.com’s Donna Ditota. “Committing is great. But signing is different,” Moyer said. “It’s a more special feeling.”
Meanwhile, SU’s other 2016 commit, Tyus Battle, details with Syracuse.com’s Mike Waters his decision to decommit from Michigan. Battle ended up committing to Syracuse shortly after. “I had rushed my first decision,” Battle said. “I needed to take my time.”
That’s all for today. Have a great Thursday, everyone!
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017
- Instant Juice: Mike Hopkins to leave Syracuse, take over at Washington - March 19, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Chris Carlson on the NIT, 2017 basketball recruiting, Greensboro - March 17, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, UNC Greensboro 77 - March 15, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse basketball left out of NCAA Tournament - March 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse surges, sputters, then hangs on for win against St. John’s - March 12, 2017
- Jim Boeheim pleads case for Syracuse after ACC Tournament loss - March 9, 2017
- Syracuse coach says there’s ‘no value’ in playing ACC Tournament in Greensboro - March 8, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 57, Miami 62 - March 8, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, Georgia Tech 61 - March 4, 2017