On the eve of Veterans Day, WAER’s Chris Bolt writes that Syracuse was named one of the top 10 best cities in the nation for veterans to come and earn their college degrees. A big early thank you to our Veterans as we move on to today’s recruiting links…
2018 defensive back Jarrett Paul is now back on schedule to visit Syracuse this weekend, he tells The Juice Online. Earlier in the week, reports came out that his playoff schedule would interfere with his visit. “I will be able to fit the visit this weekend into my schedule,” Paul said to TJO. According to 24/7 Sports, other schools involved in Paul’s recruitment include Rutgers, UConn, Maryland, ODU, USC, Virginia and Villanova.
Indiana 3-star linebacker Collin Miller announced his decommitment from Purdue on Monday on Twitter. “I just didn’t feel the same way as when I committed,” Miller told the Indy Star’s Kyle Neddenriep. Miller also said that he holds interest in Mississippi State, Syracuse, South Florida, Georgia Tech, Cal and Rutgers.
Florida commit Vosean Joseph visited West Virginia over the weekend, and liked it so much that he’s planning a return visit, reports Rivals.com’s Keenan Cummings. Joseph will take an official visit to Syracuse this weekend. He also holds offers from Louisville, South Florida, and Oregon State, among others.
Scout.com’s Mike McAllister has highlights of Liverpool (NY) running back Jaydakis Scott from the Class AA Section III championship game over the weekend. Scott has an offer from Buffalo, and holds interest in Syracuse.
Rivals.com has released a new highlight video of 5-star 2018 guard Cameron Reddish. Reddish already holds offers from Auburn and Penn State, and is drawing interest from high-majors Syracuse, Louisville, UNC and Virginia, among others.
Trevon Duval is the top guard in the 2017 class, and USA Today’s Jason Jordan breaks down his signature move, the crossover. “I grew up watching a lot of streetball and the Allen Iverson crossover that he did against Michael Jordan is the one,” Duval said. He has a slew of high-major offers, and recently said that Syracuse has been contacting him “a lot more” recently.
That’s all for today. Stay dry on this rainy Tuesday.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 76, Boston College 53 - January 14, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 73, Virginia Tech 83 - January 10, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 77, Pittsburgh 66 - January 7, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 70, Miami 55 - January 4, 2017
- Kouwe: Syracuse basketball ‘will get better from here’ - January 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 81, Boston College 96 - January 1, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Cornell 56 - December 27, 2016
- Cornell Big Red — 2016-17 Syracuse scouting report with Ivy Hoops Online - December 26, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 60, St. John’s 93 - December 21, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Georgetown 78 - December 17, 2016