On the eve of Veterans Day, WAER’s Chris Bolt writes that Syracuse was named one of the top 10 best cities in the nation for veterans to come and earn their college degrees. A big early thank you to our Veterans as we move on to today’s recruiting links…
2018 defensive back Jarrett Paul is now back on schedule to visit Syracuse this weekend, he tells The Juice Online. Earlier in the week, reports came out that his playoff schedule would interfere with his visit. “I will be able to fit the visit this weekend into my schedule,” Paul said to TJO. According to 24/7 Sports, other schools involved in Paul’s recruitment include Rutgers, UConn, Maryland, ODU, USC, Virginia and Villanova.
Indiana 3-star linebacker Collin Miller announced his decommitment from Purdue on Monday on Twitter. “I just didn’t feel the same way as when I committed,” Miller told the Indy Star’s Kyle Neddenriep. Miller also said that he holds interest in Mississippi State, Syracuse, South Florida, Georgia Tech, Cal and Rutgers.
Florida commit Vosean Joseph visited West Virginia over the weekend, and liked it so much that he’s planning a return visit, reports Rivals.com’s Keenan Cummings. Joseph will take an official visit to Syracuse this weekend. He also holds offers from Louisville, South Florida, and Oregon State, among others.
Scout.com’s Mike McAllister has highlights of Liverpool (NY) running back Jaydakis Scott from the Class AA Section III championship game over the weekend. Scott has an offer from Buffalo, and holds interest in Syracuse.
Rivals.com has released a new highlight video of 5-star 2018 guard Cameron Reddish. Reddish already holds offers from Auburn and Penn State, and is drawing interest from high-majors Syracuse, Louisville, UNC and Virginia, among others.
Trevon Duval is the top guard in the 2017 class, and USA Today’s Jason Jordan breaks down his signature move, the crossover. “I grew up watching a lot of streetball and the Allen Iverson crossover that he did against Michael Jordan is the one,” Duval said. He has a slew of high-major offers, and recently said that Syracuse has been contacting him “a lot more” recently.
That’s all for today. Stay dry on this rainy Tuesday.
- Syracuse lacrosse finds familiar result in one-goal win against Binghamton - April 22, 2017
- Syracuse stumbles out of the gate, but rallies to defeat North Carolina - April 16, 2017
- Mettus: Syracuse lacrosse ‘the team to beat’ right now - April 14, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse flexes its muscles, pushing past Cornell - April 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse enjoys rare rout, easily dispatching Hobart - April 6, 2017
- 2016-17 Syracuse basketball report card - April 3, 2017
- An early look at the 2017-18 Syracuse basketball team - March 31, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Andrew Kouwe on Hopkins leaving, Boeheim staying, next coach - March 24, 2017
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017
- Instant Juice: Mike Hopkins to leave Syracuse, take over at Washington - March 19, 2017