On the eve of Veterans Day, WAER’s Chris Bolt writes that Syracuse was named one of the top 10 best cities in the nation for veterans to come and earn their college degrees. A big early thank you to our Veterans as we move on to today’s recruiting links…
2018 defensive back Jarrett Paul is now back on schedule to visit Syracuse this weekend, he tells The Juice Online. Earlier in the week, reports came out that his playoff schedule would interfere with his visit. “I will be able to fit the visit this weekend into my schedule,” Paul said to TJO. According to 24/7 Sports, other schools involved in Paul’s recruitment include Rutgers, UConn, Maryland, ODU, USC, Virginia and Villanova.
Indiana 3-star linebacker Collin Miller announced his decommitment from Purdue on Monday on Twitter. “I just didn’t feel the same way as when I committed,” Miller told the Indy Star’s Kyle Neddenriep. Miller also said that he holds interest in Mississippi State, Syracuse, South Florida, Georgia Tech, Cal and Rutgers.
Florida commit Vosean Joseph visited West Virginia over the weekend, and liked it so much that he’s planning a return visit, reports Rivals.com’s Keenan Cummings. Joseph will take an official visit to Syracuse this weekend. He also holds offers from Louisville, South Florida, and Oregon State, among others.
Scout.com’s Mike McAllister has highlights of Liverpool (NY) running back Jaydakis Scott from the Class AA Section III championship game over the weekend. Scott has an offer from Buffalo, and holds interest in Syracuse.
Rivals.com has released a new highlight video of 5-star 2018 guard Cameron Reddish. Reddish already holds offers from Auburn and Penn State, and is drawing interest from high-majors Syracuse, Louisville, UNC and Virginia, among others.
Trevon Duval is the top guard in the 2017 class, and USA Today’s Jason Jordan breaks down his signature move, the crossover. “I grew up watching a lot of streetball and the Allen Iverson crossover that he did against Michael Jordan is the one,” Duval said. He has a slew of high-major offers, and recently said that Syracuse has been contacting him “a lot more” recently.
That’s all for today. Stay dry on this rainy Tuesday.
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse and Kentucky working hardest for Quade Green - September 16, 2016