Normally, I don’t do recruiting links on Saturdays, but there was so much news going on in the recruiting world on Friday, I made an exception to the rule. Here are some of the stories I’ve been following…
The Harry Giles sweepstakes are over. The former Syracuse target selected Duke on Friday, the same week that Giles tore an ACL for the second time in his young career. The other finalists for Giles included Kentucky, Kansas and Wake Forest. “I felt like Duke was the place for me,” he said on ESPN.
Former Syracuse commit Moustapha Diagne is hearing from Cincinnati and Pittsburgh, writes SNY.tv’s very own, Adam Zagoria. Diagne was originally committed to the Orange before eligibility issues. He is currently enrolled at JUCO Northwest Florida State.
Elite 2017 guard Trevon Duval just penned his latest entry into his USA Today Blog. Duval gives an update on the beginning of his season, and also says that Syracuse is recruiting him heavily. “Missouri was in last week, Arizona’s been in contact, Syracuse is contacting me a lot more now, Baylor, Kansas, Duke, North Carolina, Villanova have all been in contact.”
Kentrail Moran has a new highlight reel on Prep Force. The 2016 running back is currently committed to Illinois, but the Orange is making a push for his services. Moran will take an official to Syracuse in January.
Moe Neal rushed for 201 yards, and added 73 receiving yards and four total touchdowns, but it wasn’t enough as East Gaston rallied from 22 down to defeat Forestview. Former Orange commit Robert Washington added 112 yards and three touchdowns in the winning effort.
That’s all for today. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
- McAnaney: Syracuse lacrosse a tough out because it is ‘battle tested’ - April 28, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse finds familiar result in one-goal win against Binghamton - April 22, 2017
- Syracuse stumbles out of the gate, but rallies to defeat North Carolina - April 16, 2017
- Mettus: Syracuse lacrosse ‘the team to beat’ right now - April 14, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse flexes its muscles, pushing past Cornell - April 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse enjoys rare rout, easily dispatching Hobart - April 6, 2017
- 2016-17 Syracuse basketball report card - April 3, 2017
- An early look at the 2017-18 Syracuse basketball team - March 31, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Andrew Kouwe on Hopkins leaving, Boeheim staying, next coach - March 24, 2017
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017