Happy Friday, everyone! Today is “Love your Lawyer Day,” so, please say something nice to me today, would ya? On to today’s Syracuse recruiting links…
Tre Bryant, a three-star running back from Christian Brothers Academy (MO) announced that he was decommiting on Twitter. Syracuse had heavily recruited Bryant to play their H-back position before he committed to Kansas State earlier in the year. Bryant said he wanted to be a featured running back, and SU can offer him that opportunity now that Robert Washington is no longer in the picture. Syracuse has continued to recruit Bryant in the meantime, though Bryant later tweeted that he will be taking an official visit to Nebraska this weekend.
West Virginia is the latest school to offer Harrisburg (Pa.) High 2018 receiver Shaquon Anderson-Butts, writes 247 Sports’ Steve Wiltfong. Rutgers, Temple and Penn State, and Syracuse has shown interest.
Todderick Hunt from NJ.com writes that Phillips Academy (Chicago, Ill.) defensive tackle Amir Watts currently has Rutgers and Pitt as his top two schools. Watts is also taking an official visit to Syracuse on Jan. 10. Kansas, Pitt, and UCF are other schools in pursuit.
Hunt also writes about Middletown (N.J.) South senior offensive tackle Thomas Lopez, who is having a stellar season as Middletown is off to a 7-0 start. Lopez is returning from a shoulder injury, but prior to that, he was drawing interest from Rutgers, Syracuse, UConn, and N.C. State.
Fred Hansard continues to rack up offers, and the latest is from UCLA, he tweets. Make that 17 offers now for the 2017 defensive tackle. He also holds offers from Miami, Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, Syracuse, and Virginia Tech, among others.
Paramus Catholic (NJ) WR Donald Stewart picked up an offer from Ole Miss, reports the high school’s twitter feed. Other schools in the running include Michigan, Stanford, Rutgers, and Syracuse.
2016 Syracuse quarterback commit Rex Culpepper is profiled by Scout.com’s Brian Dohn. Culpepper is missing his senior season due to an ACL injury, but Dohn writes that his biggest assets are “accurate and shows good arm strength on his short and intermediate passes.”
That’s all for today. Have a great weekend, everyone!
- Breaking down Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon’s selection by the Denver Nuggets - June 23, 2017
- Former Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon selected by Denver Nuggets in NBA Draft - June 22, 2017
- Central Michigan Chippewas — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 22, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse receives commitment from OL Will Froumy - June 21, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: Cole Swider to visit Syracuse, Anthony Queeley commits - June 19, 2017
- Antwan Cordy — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - June 14, 2017
- Middle Tennessee State Blue Raiders — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 12, 2017
- Weekend Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse lands USF transfer Geno Thorpe - June 12, 2017
- Breaking down Syracuse forwards Tyler Lydon, Andrew White with NBA scout - June 9, 2017
- Central Connecticut State Blue Devils — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 7, 2017