The Courier-Journal’s Steve Jones calls in to chat about Syracuse’s upcoming game with Louisville on The Juice on the Cuse Podcast hosted by SNY.tv. Editor in Chief Brad Bierman then joins in to talk about Scott Shafer’s job security and a look toward the basketball season.
Here are the highlights from the show:
Wes Cheng: I say 2015 Louisville football. You say, what? What’s led to some of the early struggles for this Louisville team?
Steve Jones: I would say up and down. It’s a tale of two different halves of their schedule and the difficulty level of the first half of their schedule. They started 0-3 and 2-4. But the second half of the season is much, much easier. They have Wake Forest, Boston College, Syracuse, Pitt and Kentucky. There’s no really imposing opponents in there, and they could potentially win all of them, which would totally shake up how the season goes.
WC: How do you see Saturday’s game shaking out?
SJ: I would expect them to be able to put a lot of pressure on Syracuse and contain them. Louisville has a shaky offensive line, but they’re improving. I’m thinking Louisville will win another low scoring game. They’ll get out of there with a 21-14 kind of score.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
1. The Courier-Journal’s Steve Jones calls in
2. Louisville’s season so far
3. Jamari Staples
4. Prediction for Saturday’s game
5. Editor in Chief Brad Bierman calls in
6. Tough loss to FSU
7. Shafer on the hot seat?
8. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse and Kentucky working hardest for Quade Green - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Brandon Randolph includes Syracuse in final four - September 13, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 28, Louisville 62 - September 9, 2016