The Courier-Journal’s Steve Jones calls in to chat about Syracuse’s upcoming game with Louisville on The Juice on the Cuse Podcast hosted by SNY.tv. Editor in Chief Brad Bierman then joins in to talk about Scott Shafer’s job security and a look toward the basketball season.
Here are the highlights from the show:
Wes Cheng: I say 2015 Louisville football. You say, what? What’s led to some of the early struggles for this Louisville team?
Steve Jones: I would say up and down. It’s a tale of two different halves of their schedule and the difficulty level of the first half of their schedule. They started 0-3 and 2-4. But the second half of the season is much, much easier. They have Wake Forest, Boston College, Syracuse, Pitt and Kentucky. There’s no really imposing opponents in there, and they could potentially win all of them, which would totally shake up how the season goes.
WC: How do you see Saturday’s game shaking out?
SJ: I would expect them to be able to put a lot of pressure on Syracuse and contain them. Louisville has a shaky offensive line, but they’re improving. I’m thinking Louisville will win another low scoring game. They’ll get out of there with a 21-14 kind of score.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
1. The Courier-Journal’s Steve Jones calls in
2. Louisville’s season so far
3. Jamari Staples
4. Prediction for Saturday’s game
5. Editor in Chief Brad Bierman calls in
6. Tough loss to FSU
7. Shafer on the hot seat?
8. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Syracuse lacrosse finds familiar result in one-goal win against Binghamton - April 22, 2017
- Syracuse stumbles out of the gate, but rallies to defeat North Carolina - April 16, 2017
- Mettus: Syracuse lacrosse ‘the team to beat’ right now - April 14, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse flexes its muscles, pushing past Cornell - April 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse enjoys rare rout, easily dispatching Hobart - April 6, 2017
- 2016-17 Syracuse basketball report card - April 3, 2017
- An early look at the 2017-18 Syracuse basketball team - March 31, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Andrew Kouwe on Hopkins leaving, Boeheim staying, next coach - March 24, 2017
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017
- Instant Juice: Mike Hopkins to leave Syracuse, take over at Washington - March 19, 2017