Congratulations to former Syracuse star Rakeem Christmas, who was officially named to the Indiana Pacers 15-man roster on Monday! On to today’s recruiting links…
Syracuse parted ways with 2015 tight end Chris Clark, Scout.com’s Mike McAllister reported on Monday afternoon. Clark picked the Orange last week because he felt SU was a good fit, but over the past week “both sides decided that was not the case.” Scout.com’s Brian Dohn said Clark could “wind up anywhere.”
The Daily Orange’s Matt Schneidman spoke with Clark over Twitter, and Clark says that the decision was entirely from the Syracuse coaching staff. “Like it makes no sense to me whatsoever … that they pulled my offer,” Clark said. He later said to Schneiderman that he “wanted to go to ‘Cuse.”
2018 defensive back Jarrett Paul will be taking a visit to Boston College this weekend, he tweeted on Monday. According to 24/7 Sports, other schools involved in Paul’s recruitment include Maryland, ODU, USC, Virginia and Villanova. Paul will visit Syracuse for the Clemson game.
As many of you know, Miami head coach Al Golden was dismissed over the weekend. One potential impact on Syracuse would be 2017 Hurricane linebacker commit Tyler Dunning, who Syracuse had previously offered. “I’m going to talk to my coach tomorrow at let you know,” Dunning said to Scout.com’s Corey Bender over the weekend. But Dunning seemed to quash that with a later tweet: “Still on board,” Dunning wrote. “Nothing changed.”
In closing, here’s a funny quote from Carmelo Anthony on playing in New York: “[Y]ou’re not a New Yorker if you don’t wake up some days and be like ‘man, f— this place.” That’s it for today. Have a great day, everyone.
- Syracuse lacrosse finds familiar result in one-goal win against Binghamton - April 22, 2017
- Syracuse stumbles out of the gate, but rallies to defeat North Carolina - April 16, 2017
- Mettus: Syracuse lacrosse ‘the team to beat’ right now - April 14, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse flexes its muscles, pushing past Cornell - April 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse enjoys rare rout, easily dispatching Hobart - April 6, 2017
- 2016-17 Syracuse basketball report card - April 3, 2017
- An early look at the 2017-18 Syracuse basketball team - March 31, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Andrew Kouwe on Hopkins leaving, Boeheim staying, next coach - March 24, 2017
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017
- Instant Juice: Mike Hopkins to leave Syracuse, take over at Washington - March 19, 2017