Welcome to a new week, everyone. Let’s get right to the recruiting links…
2016 Syracuse commit Tyus Battle is poised for a big senior season, writes SNY.tv’s very own, Adam Zagoria. Battle shined in the Prestige Prep at the Hoop Group Showcase, netting 24 points. “Tyus Battle was a man, he’s a man,” said former Rutgers coach Mike Rice.
Naz Reid, a 2018 power forward, scored 20 points in the Sharette Dixon Classic on Sunday night writes Zagoria. Scouts were gushing at the ability of Reid, with one calling him “really talented.” Early in his recruiting process, he holds offers from several high-majors, including Kansas, Maryland, Villanova, St. John’s, Georgetown Syracuse, Louisville and Connecticut.
One more story from Zagoria for the day: 2017 big man Nick Richards has no shortage of interest from high-majors, including Syracuse. “Syracuse offered me since last spring,” he said. “I’m really thankful for that and blessed. I just like that it’s close to home. My mom can visit any time she wants.” The other schools in pursuit include high-majors Kentucky, Kansas, Indiana, Arizona, UConn and UCLA.
Scout.com has new highlights on 2018 guard Cameron Reddish from USA Basketball. The five-star 2018 guard already holds offers from Auburn and Penn State, and is drawing interest from Syracuse and Villanova, among others.
Poly Prep (NY) five-star defensive tackle Isaiah Wilson penned his latest entry into RecruitDiaries.com. Wilson was recently selected for the 2017 Under Armour All-American Game, which he called “a dream come true.” He has over 20 offers from high-majors, including Alabama, Florida State, Michigan and UCLA. Syracuse offered Wilson last year.
In closing, it was a tough weekend for one of our favorite Syracuse alums, CJ Fair. The Pacers trimmed their roster to 15 players, and Fair was among the final round of cuts. It’s a tough break, but I’m hoping he’ll still continue his pursuit of making an NBA roster. That’s all for today, everyone. Have a great start to your week.
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017
- Instant Juice: Mike Hopkins to leave Syracuse, take over at Washington - March 19, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Chris Carlson on the NIT, 2017 basketball recruiting, Greensboro - March 17, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, UNC Greensboro 77 - March 15, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse basketball left out of NCAA Tournament - March 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse surges, sputters, then hangs on for win against St. John’s - March 12, 2017
- Jim Boeheim pleads case for Syracuse after ACC Tournament loss - March 9, 2017
- Syracuse coach says there’s ‘no value’ in playing ACC Tournament in Greensboro - March 8, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 57, Miami 62 - March 8, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, Georgia Tech 61 - March 4, 2017