Welcome to a new week, everyone. Let’s get right to the recruiting links…
2016 Syracuse commit Tyus Battle is poised for a big senior season, writes SNY.tv’s very own, Adam Zagoria. Battle shined in the Prestige Prep at the Hoop Group Showcase, netting 24 points. “Tyus Battle was a man, he’s a man,” said former Rutgers coach Mike Rice.
Naz Reid, a 2018 power forward, scored 20 points in the Sharette Dixon Classic on Sunday night writes Zagoria. Scouts were gushing at the ability of Reid, with one calling him “really talented.” Early in his recruiting process, he holds offers from several high-majors, including Kansas, Maryland, Villanova, St. John’s, Georgetown Syracuse, Louisville and Connecticut.
One more story from Zagoria for the day: 2017 big man Nick Richards has no shortage of interest from high-majors, including Syracuse. “Syracuse offered me since last spring,” he said. “I’m really thankful for that and blessed. I just like that it’s close to home. My mom can visit any time she wants.” The other schools in pursuit include high-majors Kentucky, Kansas, Indiana, Arizona, UConn and UCLA.
Scout.com has new highlights on 2018 guard Cameron Reddish from USA Basketball. The five-star 2018 guard already holds offers from Auburn and Penn State, and is drawing interest from Syracuse and Villanova, among others.
Poly Prep (NY) five-star defensive tackle Isaiah Wilson penned his latest entry into RecruitDiaries.com. Wilson was recently selected for the 2017 Under Armour All-American Game, which he called “a dream come true.” He has over 20 offers from high-majors, including Alabama, Florida State, Michigan and UCLA. Syracuse offered Wilson last year.
In closing, it was a tough weekend for one of our favorite Syracuse alums, CJ Fair. The Pacers trimmed their roster to 15 players, and Fair was among the final round of cuts. It’s a tough break, but I’m hoping he’ll still continue his pursuit of making an NBA roster. That’s all for today, everyone. Have a great start to your week.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 66, Notre Dame 84 - January 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 76, Boston College 53 - January 14, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 73, Virginia Tech 83 - January 10, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 77, Pittsburgh 66 - January 7, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 70, Miami 55 - January 4, 2017
- Kouwe: Syracuse basketball ‘will get better from here’ - January 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 81, Boston College 96 - January 1, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Cornell 56 - December 27, 2016
- Cornell Big Red — 2016-17 Syracuse scouting report with Ivy Hoops Online - December 26, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 60, St. John’s 93 - December 21, 2016