Syracuse.com’s Chris Carlson calls in to chat about the 2015-16 Syracuse basketball team with Wesley Cheng on the Juice on the Cuse podcast hosted by SNY.tv. Editor in Chief Brad Bierman also calls in to talk about a tough loss for Syracuse football against USF.
Here are the highlights from the show:
Wes Cheng: The basketball season is under a month away and one of the biggest questions is Dajuan Coleman’s knee. How has he looked so far?
Chris Carlson: It’s something we need monitor and be wary of all year. The surgery he had, the OATS procedure, is a really tough one. But no red flags so far. He’s practiced every day. He looks really good running. He doesn’t look tentative. He’s never been a particularly explosive guy, so that hasn’t changed. But it’s not like he’s lost a lot. Right now, nothing but optimism about him.
WC: What kind of season do you predict the team having? Is Syracuse a team that is built for a deep NCAA tournament run
CC: I think they’re going to make the NCAA Tournament. I think they’re capable of winning a game or two in that tournament. I think they’re going to be improved from last year. They’re going to be a lot more fun to watch. They’re going to shoot a lot more 3s. They’re going to spread the floor in the way that the NBA is going. […] I don’t think they have a star, which keeps them from becoming an elite team. But they’re an upper half ACC team as long as Dajuan Coleman stays healthy. That’s the key. I think Syracuse is going to make pretty good strides from last year.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
1. Syracuse.com’s Chris Carlson calls in
2. Dajuan Coleman’s health
3. Where does the offense come from?
4. Will Richardson or Lydon start?
5. Editor in Chief Brad Bierman calls in
6. Tough loss to USF
7. Previewing Virginia
8. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse and Kentucky working hardest for Quade Green - September 16, 2016