Syracuse.com’s Chris Carlson calls in to chat about the 2015-16 Syracuse basketball team with Wesley Cheng on the Juice on the Cuse podcast hosted by SNY.tv. Editor in Chief Brad Bierman also calls in to talk about a tough loss for Syracuse football against USF.
Here are the highlights from the show:
Wes Cheng: The basketball season is under a month away and one of the biggest questions is Dajuan Coleman’s knee. How has he looked so far?
Chris Carlson: It’s something we need monitor and be wary of all year. The surgery he had, the OATS procedure, is a really tough one. But no red flags so far. He’s practiced every day. He looks really good running. He doesn’t look tentative. He’s never been a particularly explosive guy, so that hasn’t changed. But it’s not like he’s lost a lot. Right now, nothing but optimism about him.
WC: What kind of season do you predict the team having? Is Syracuse a team that is built for a deep NCAA tournament run
CC: I think they’re going to make the NCAA Tournament. I think they’re capable of winning a game or two in that tournament. I think they’re going to be improved from last year. They’re going to be a lot more fun to watch. They’re going to shoot a lot more 3s. They’re going to spread the floor in the way that the NBA is going. […] I don’t think they have a star, which keeps them from becoming an elite team. But they’re an upper half ACC team as long as Dajuan Coleman stays healthy. That’s the key. I think Syracuse is going to make pretty good strides from last year.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
1. Syracuse.com’s Chris Carlson calls in
2. Dajuan Coleman’s health
3. Where does the offense come from?
4. Will Richardson or Lydon start?
5. Editor in Chief Brad Bierman calls in
6. Tough loss to USF
7. Previewing Virginia
8. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 26, LSU 35 - September 23, 2017
- Does Syracuse football have a puncher’s chance against LSU? - September 22, 2017
- What will Syracuse basketball’s starting lineup look like in 2017-18? - September 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 23, Middle Tennessee 30 - September 9, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 50, Central Connecticut State 7 - September 1, 2017
- Belbey: Boeheim’s Army crossing Final Four threshold builds momentum for 2018 - August 22, 2017
- Boston College Eagles — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - August 21, 2017
- Adelson: Syracuse football ‘will be better’ but bowl game may prove elusive - August 18, 2017
- Ervin Philips — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - August 16, 2017
- Louisville Cardinals — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - August 14, 2017