Happy Hump Day, everyone. There’s plenty of buzz about the Syracuse basketball team after CBS Sports’ Jon Rothstein stopped by practice on Tuesday. The biggest nugget is that Michael Gbinije, and not Kaleb Joseph, will be the starting point guard in the 2015-16 season. On to today’s recruiting links…
2016 defensive back Cycoby Burch from Orlando (Fla.) recently picked up an offer from Cincinnati, reports Scout.com’s Corey Bender. Burch eliminated USF from consideration, and now has a top five of West Virginia, Syracuse, Indiana, Cincinnati and Florida Atlantic. He will take a visit to Syracuse on Nov. 14.
Former Syracuse recruit Kelvin Harmon is sticking to his commitment to South Carolina despite the retirement of Steve Spurrier, he announced on Twitter. The 2016 four-star wide receiver had also fielded offers from WEst Virginia, Rutgers and NC State.
2017 4-star DT Fred Hansard tweeted out a photo of him in a Rutgers uniform on Tuesday evening. He later followed with a tweet saying that he had been named a junior All-American. Hansard has drawn interest from several high-majors, including Michigan State, Syracuse, Penn State, Michigan and Ohio State.
Updating a story from Tuesday, Kentucky coach John Calipari was on hand to watch 2017 big man Nick Richards, reports SNY.tv’s very own, Adam Zagoria. Richards holds offers from Syracuse, Kansas, Indiana and UCLA, among others. The Elizabeth (N.J.) St. Patrick product had previously stated he’s not focused on recruiting just yet.
One final note for today goes to SU quarterback AJ Long, who will not participate in football and any other contact sport at Syracuse after he was disqualified because of multiple concussions. “We appreciate AJ’s hard work and the contributions he’s made to our program,” Orange head coach Scott Shafer said. “I look forward to watching him continue to grow both as a student and as a young man. I wish him the best.” I certainly join in that.
Enjoy your Wednesday, everyone.
- Breaking down Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon’s selection by the Denver Nuggets - June 23, 2017
- Former Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon selected by Denver Nuggets in NBA Draft - June 22, 2017
- Central Michigan Chippewas — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 22, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse receives commitment from OL Will Froumy - June 21, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: Cole Swider to visit Syracuse, Anthony Queeley commits - June 19, 2017
- Antwan Cordy — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - June 14, 2017
- Middle Tennessee State Blue Raiders — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 12, 2017
- Weekend Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse lands USF transfer Geno Thorpe - June 12, 2017
- Breaking down Syracuse forwards Tyler Lydon, Andrew White with NBA scout - June 9, 2017
- Central Connecticut State Blue Devils — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 7, 2017