Happy Hump Day, everyone. There’s plenty of buzz about the Syracuse basketball team after CBS Sports’ Jon Rothstein stopped by practice on Tuesday. The biggest nugget is that Michael Gbinije, and not Kaleb Joseph, will be the starting point guard in the 2015-16 season. On to today’s recruiting links…
2016 defensive back Cycoby Burch from Orlando (Fla.) recently picked up an offer from Cincinnati, reports Scout.com’s Corey Bender. Burch eliminated USF from consideration, and now has a top five of West Virginia, Syracuse, Indiana, Cincinnati and Florida Atlantic. He will take a visit to Syracuse on Nov. 14.
Former Syracuse recruit Kelvin Harmon is sticking to his commitment to South Carolina despite the retirement of Steve Spurrier, he announced on Twitter. The 2016 four-star wide receiver had also fielded offers from WEst Virginia, Rutgers and NC State.
2017 4-star DT Fred Hansard tweeted out a photo of him in a Rutgers uniform on Tuesday evening. He later followed with a tweet saying that he had been named a junior All-American. Hansard has drawn interest from several high-majors, including Michigan State, Syracuse, Penn State, Michigan and Ohio State.
Updating a story from Tuesday, Kentucky coach John Calipari was on hand to watch 2017 big man Nick Richards, reports SNY.tv’s very own, Adam Zagoria. Richards holds offers from Syracuse, Kansas, Indiana and UCLA, among others. The Elizabeth (N.J.) St. Patrick product had previously stated he’s not focused on recruiting just yet.
One final note for today goes to SU quarterback AJ Long, who will not participate in football and any other contact sport at Syracuse after he was disqualified because of multiple concussions. “We appreciate AJ’s hard work and the contributions he’s made to our program,” Orange head coach Scott Shafer said. “I look forward to watching him continue to grow both as a student and as a young man. I wish him the best.” I certainly join in that.
Enjoy your Wednesday, everyone.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 77, North Florida 71 - December 3, 2016
- Two early season losses could be bad harbinger for Syracuse basketball - December 1, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 61, Pittsburgh 76 - November 26, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 101, South Carolina State 59 - November 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse lands commitment from Bourama Sidibe - November 22, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Monmouth 50 - November 18, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Quade Green between Syracuse, Kentucky; Lonnie Walker to Miami - November 17, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 Syracuse target Bourama Sidibe to announce Monday - November 16, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, Holy Cross 46 - November 15, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Oshae Brissett commits as Quade Green visits - November 14, 2016