I hope you all had a great Columbus Day weekend, everyone. Let’s get right to today’s recruiting links…
Elite 2015 tight end Chris Clark took a visit to Pittsburgh this weekend, and enjoyed his time there writes Scout.com’s Brian Dohn. “I love (coach Pat) Narduzzi,” Clark said. “The scheme is unbelievable. I really like Narduzzi, and coach Chaney is a great offensive coordinator.” The UCLA transfer is down to Pitt and Syracuse.
Owings Mills, Maryland, safety Eric Burrell committed to Wisconsin on Monday. The three-star 2016 safety had narrowed his list to Wisconsin, Nebraska, Boston College, Syracuse and Duke. Burrell becomes the 21st recruit in Wisconsin’s class.
Sayville (NY) four-star 2017 quarterback Jack Coan now has an offer from Boston College. “I’ve been there one time for a camp and it was really nice there,” Coan told EagleAction.com. “They also have great academics, which is something I am looking for. So I’m very excited to receive an offer from them.” Coan holds offers from several schools, including Syracuse.
SNY.tv’s very own, Adam Zagoria, reports that Kentucky coach John Calipari will watch 2017 big man Nick Richards on Tuesday. Richards holds offers from Syracuse, Kansas, Indiana and UCLA, among others. The Elizabeth (N.J.) St. Patrick product had previously stated he’s not focused on recruiting just yet.
Moe Neal had himself quite a weekend, sitting the new mark in Gaston County for scores in a 40-14 win against North Gaston. “It says a lot about how much he’s meant to the program and to me personally as his coach,” said Forestview coach Chris Medlin, of the Syracuse commit. “He’s a special player.”
Our last note of the day comes from Syracuse.com’s Stephen Bailey, who updates us on 2016 commit Rex Culpepper. The Plant (Fla.) quarterback suffered a torn ACL over the summer and is working his way back from the injury. “I do pretty well every day of the week,” Culpepper said, “except Friday night.”
That’s all for today. Have a great start to your week, everyone!
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 30, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse begins recruitment of Billy Preston - September 30, 2016
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016