I hope you all had a great Columbus Day weekend, everyone. Let’s get right to today’s recruiting links…
Elite 2015 tight end Chris Clark took a visit to Pittsburgh this weekend, and enjoyed his time there writes Scout.com’s Brian Dohn. “I love (coach Pat) Narduzzi,” Clark said. “The scheme is unbelievable. I really like Narduzzi, and coach Chaney is a great offensive coordinator.” The UCLA transfer is down to Pitt and Syracuse.
Owings Mills, Maryland, safety Eric Burrell committed to Wisconsin on Monday. The three-star 2016 safety had narrowed his list to Wisconsin, Nebraska, Boston College, Syracuse and Duke. Burrell becomes the 21st recruit in Wisconsin’s class.
Sayville (NY) four-star 2017 quarterback Jack Coan now has an offer from Boston College. “I’ve been there one time for a camp and it was really nice there,” Coan told EagleAction.com. “They also have great academics, which is something I am looking for. So I’m very excited to receive an offer from them.” Coan holds offers from several schools, including Syracuse.
SNY.tv’s very own, Adam Zagoria, reports that Kentucky coach John Calipari will watch 2017 big man Nick Richards on Tuesday. Richards holds offers from Syracuse, Kansas, Indiana and UCLA, among others. The Elizabeth (N.J.) St. Patrick product had previously stated he’s not focused on recruiting just yet.
Moe Neal had himself quite a weekend, sitting the new mark in Gaston County for scores in a 40-14 win against North Gaston. “It says a lot about how much he’s meant to the program and to me personally as his coach,” said Forestview coach Chris Medlin, of the Syracuse commit. “He’s a special player.”
Our last note of the day comes from Syracuse.com’s Stephen Bailey, who updates us on 2016 commit Rex Culpepper. The Plant (Fla.) quarterback suffered a torn ACL over the summer and is working his way back from the injury. “I do pretty well every day of the week,” Culpepper said, “except Friday night.”
That’s all for today. Have a great start to your week, everyone!
- Adelson: Syracuse football ‘will be better’ but bowl game may prove elusive - August 18, 2017
- Ervin Philips — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - August 16, 2017
- Louisville Cardinals — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - August 14, 2017
- Steve Ishmael — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - August 8, 2017
- Wake Forest Demon Deacons — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - August 7, 2017
- Moe Neal — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - August 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Boeheim’s Army 77, Overseas Elite 81 - August 2, 2017
- Miami Hurricanes — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - July 31, 2017
- Boeheim’s Army GM: Team FOE was ‘rattled’ by pro-Syracuse crowd - July 28, 2017
- Clemson Tigers — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - July 25, 2017