Interesting note from the Nets on Wednesday. GM Billy King said the goal was to get former Syracuse forward Chris McCullough on the court “this season” and said the Nets would offer no other updates. A normal timeline on ACL recovery should’ve had McCullough ready to play at the end of this year. On to today’s recruiting links…
The top prospect in New York State, 5-star offensive lineman Isaiah Wilson, tweeted on Tuesday evening that he will be releasing his top 10 in the near future. Wilson’s offer list is a who’s who of elite college programs, including Alabama, Auburn, FSU, LSU, Michigan, Ohio State, Stanford and Virginia Tech, among others. Rivals.com’s Scott Brown notes that he also holds a Syracuse offer.
Three Oak Ridge (Fla.) prospects will be visiting Syracuse on Nov. 14 when the Orange hosts Clemson, reports Scout.com’s Mike McAllister. Teammates Jonathan Jones (LB), Cycoby Burch (DB) and Tyrek Tisdale (ATL) all hold offers from SU.
Three-star Lakewood St. Edward (Ohio) defensive back Tony Butler included Syracuse in his top six released over the weekend, and chatted with Scout.com’s Bill Greene about the latest in his recruiting process. “I did postpone my decision date from this week until after the season,” Butler said. Other schools on his list include Rutgers, Arizona State, Clemson, West Virginia, and Minnesota.
Former Syracuse commit Robert Washington details a time when he was homeless in an interview with WSOC-TV Channel 9. He recently returned to the football field after being cleared to play by the school. Washington, a four-star running back, committed to Syracuse in April, but decommitted over the summer.
Rivals.com’s Josh Helmholdt writes that when 2016 three-star defensive tackle Amir Watts releases his top 5 schools, the Orange will be one of them. In September, reports surfaced that Watts would be taking an official visit to SU in December. Watts originally committed to Western Michigan, but Watts reopened his commitment over the summer.
That’s all for today. Enjoy your Thursday, everyone.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 68, Louisville 88 - February 26, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 78, Duke 75 - February 22, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 65, Georgia Tech 71 - February 19, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 72, Louisville 76 (OT) - February 13, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 82, Clemson 81 - February 7, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 66, Virginia 62 - February 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 100, NC State 93 OT - February 1, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse announces 2017 class - February 1, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 82, Florida State 72 - January 28, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 81, Wake Forest 76 - January 24, 2017