Interesting note from the Nets on Wednesday. GM Billy King said the goal was to get former Syracuse forward Chris McCullough on the court “this season” and said the Nets would offer no other updates. A normal timeline on ACL recovery should’ve had McCullough ready to play at the end of this year. On to today’s recruiting links…
The top prospect in New York State, 5-star offensive lineman Isaiah Wilson, tweeted on Tuesday evening that he will be releasing his top 10 in the near future. Wilson’s offer list is a who’s who of elite college programs, including Alabama, Auburn, FSU, LSU, Michigan, Ohio State, Stanford and Virginia Tech, among others. Rivals.com’s Scott Brown notes that he also holds a Syracuse offer.
Three Oak Ridge (Fla.) prospects will be visiting Syracuse on Nov. 14 when the Orange hosts Clemson, reports Scout.com’s Mike McAllister. Teammates Jonathan Jones (LB), Cycoby Burch (DB) and Tyrek Tisdale (ATL) all hold offers from SU.
Three-star Lakewood St. Edward (Ohio) defensive back Tony Butler included Syracuse in his top six released over the weekend, and chatted with Scout.com’s Bill Greene about the latest in his recruiting process. “I did postpone my decision date from this week until after the season,” Butler said. Other schools on his list include Rutgers, Arizona State, Clemson, West Virginia, and Minnesota.
Former Syracuse commit Robert Washington details a time when he was homeless in an interview with WSOC-TV Channel 9. He recently returned to the football field after being cleared to play by the school. Washington, a four-star running back, committed to Syracuse in April, but decommitted over the summer.
Rivals.com’s Josh Helmholdt writes that when 2016 three-star defensive tackle Amir Watts releases his top 5 schools, the Orange will be one of them. In September, reports surfaced that Watts would be taking an official visit to SU in December. Watts originally committed to Western Michigan, but Watts reopened his commitment over the summer.
That’s all for today. Enjoy your Thursday, everyone.
- McAnaney: Syracuse lacrosse a tough out because it is ‘battle tested’ - April 28, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse finds familiar result in one-goal win against Binghamton - April 22, 2017
- Syracuse stumbles out of the gate, but rallies to defeat North Carolina - April 16, 2017
- Mettus: Syracuse lacrosse ‘the team to beat’ right now - April 14, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse flexes its muscles, pushing past Cornell - April 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse enjoys rare rout, easily dispatching Hobart - April 6, 2017
- 2016-17 Syracuse basketball report card - April 3, 2017
- An early look at the 2017-18 Syracuse basketball team - March 31, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Andrew Kouwe on Hopkins leaving, Boeheim staying, next coach - March 24, 2017
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017